Esteemed Contributor

Re: When you stopped sending Christmas Cards...............

I still send them though like others the list has shortened a bit.   I used to send about 50, then it went down to 40, this year it's 27.  I just finished yesterday and will mail them later today.   I usually won't write much inside but at least they know we are thinking of them.

I think it's sad that it's declining so much , but then again I guess people can use email or Facebook as mentioned.  To me, it's just not the same and we are not on FB.

Honored Contributor

I bet about 20 years ago I stopped----never got alot anyway and just got tired of spending $ on them and postage only to know they will get tossed. Now I send e cards and just to my family and a few friends--

Honored Contributor

I did NOT stop all cards.

I did stop to immediate family and friends, those I see/text all the time.  I didn't say it was the last, just stopped.

However, I still send cards to some elderly friends and family that live far away.

I still send to those shut in and those in Nursing homes and facilities.

Getting mail means an awful lot to them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never stopped already sent out some for immediate delivery after Thanksgiving.  The rest will go out next week.  I will never stop.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@granddi wrote:

When you decided to stop sending Christmas Cards did you send one last card and say "good bye" or did you just cold stop.

I stopped because all my neighbors and relatives on my list died. Thats the problem of getting older.

Honored Contributor

@granddi   I did not stop but I send under 20 cards now because so many people stopped sending cards.  So the people i send cards to are special.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I haven't stopped yet.....but, I am considering it.

Honored Contributor

For the most part, I just stopped. I may send one occasionally if I get one from someone, particularly so we can keep up with each others' dogs! As so many of you said, people just aren't sending them to each other very much anymore.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Huh??????   Why would I way goodbye, I was not ending the friendships or relationships or running away from home.  I still saw those people, texted, emailed.  I was not on Facebook when we greatly reduced sending Christmas cards but I am now so we send Christmas greetings to everyone via Facebook.  We send a handful of cards to older relatives who live out of state.

Contributor

I make handmade cards for Christmas and Birthdays

Everyone looks forward to them.  It brings me joy and also the recipients.

I make about 30.    Close friends and relatives.

I'm retired and my craft room is my HAPPY PLACESmiley Happy