Respected Contributor

Re: When you stopped sending Christmas Cards...............

I've tapered off over the years, down to just maybe 4 or so.    It's such a boring task, and I've never enjoyed it..  We still get some, but fewer than ever.  I do enjoy receiving the photo cards.  But not enough to send a return card.  

Respected Contributor

If I don't get a card from someone for 2 years then I take them off my list.  It's about down to 10 now.  

Respected Contributor

I would have stopped years ago, but my DH insists that we send them.  (He helps.)  It's THAT time again.  Woman Sad

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just bought a new box of cards. I will send far fewer this year, but still like to send a personal note to some of my distant family and friends. We have had eight family members move either out of state or out of the country within the past two months....so I do want to keep in touch I have decided to take all of my unused extra cards from the past few years and write a nice note and take to a skilled nursing facility and a memory care facility and ask the staff to pass them out to the residents. Last year they would not take anything due to the COVID rules but I checked and this year they can take them. I suggest doing the same if you have any unused cards. The elderly love seeing the cards displayed on their bed table. A hospital where patients must spend Christmas day would also be a good choice.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE Christmas cards!  I just didn't have the time!  Friends went to sending out family pictures for Christmas cards, but we couldn't (or thought) to get together for a card.  I love all of the beautiful cards but, but it seems that they have lost their place.Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

I still mail a few to friends and relatives that live far away from me. At work we stopped mailing to each other and just hand out our cards. I do miss the days when sending cards was popular. I always tried to have mine in the mail by december 8th.

Trusted Contributor

I have a large extended family and for many years, I sent 25 to 30 cards every Christmas season.  However, with the price of the cards and the price of postage, I have now tapered down to about 10, 11 at the most.  In fact, I got 5 ready to be mailed across the country today, and will do the other 6 or 7 tomorrow.

Regular Contributor

I still mail cards.  Even to those who no longer reciprocate. I enjoy writing a note to let people know that I am thinking of them. 

Honored Contributor

I still send cards to about five friends in England and I'll be doing those this weekend.

As for my family, I've always sent Christmas cards, but this year I'm not planning to.  I don't hear from them for the whole year, so what's the point of sending a card?

There are a few who always send a card with a short note and to those, I'll send a card.  Ironically, those are the ones who live furthest away.

Those who live within 5 to 10 miles of me, but never bother to be in touch?  I won't bother this year.  I doubt they'll notice.

Honored Contributor

We stopped a few years ago. We just end to friends of ours in retirement homes and internationally.

The year before we stopped I added a note that said we would not be sending the following.

Well,now the next time I saw someone who had been on that list, I was taken to task for not sending them a card.

And that is another reason I do not send cards,nobody reads them.