Honored Contributor

Re: When you send a gift.....

I've gotten 2 Amazon gift thus far.  One was an actual gift, and there was a greeting message enclosed on a 2 x 3 piece of paper.  The other was a gift card and there was no message enclosed, although there was a line stating the name of the sender.  I've never tried to use a message with gifts shipped to others from QVC.  I've always contacted the recipient to alert them that a package would be coming from me.  Since none of my family members do QVC, they would know the package was from me anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNackis correct, any message is on the packing slip and is barely noticeable.  The font is small and light and it is easy to miss. If I remember correctly it is at the very bottom of the packing slip.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Every year I post my story of using the "bill to ,ship to"  system here at the Q  as a warning ..........

Years ago I  used to send my DD and my grandkids  gifts from QVC  ,untill all my orders began to get shipped to AZ...and then later my mail......... what a mess to unravel!!!

I will never do that again!!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

when you add an item to your shopping cart it will take you to your shopping cart page. you should see where it says "gift option" and underneath you will see "options" as a  small clickable link. when you click on that then this pops up.....

Giftwrap Options

The item you have chosen is eligible for QVC's Gift Wrap Service or our FREE Personalized Packing Slip Message. Gift-wrapped Boxes will be wrapped in attractive, heavyweight paper - in a fresh, new color for every season. Each will be adorned with matching ribbon and personalized gift card, for beautiful presentation. The Packing Slip Message allows up to 60 characters for your message, does NOT show the price, and will arrive with the package. Simply fill in the message below and, during Check-Out, give us the recipient's name and address in the "Ship-To" space.

Choose from your gift options:

None
Packing Slip Message - Free!
Gift Wrap - $5.00

Message: Please fill in the "To" and "From" fields below (14 characters each) and the "Message" (up to 60 characters) as you want them to appear. Be sure to check for typing errors before you continue.

To:
From: http://www.qvc.com/wcsstore/US/content/images/giftwrap2.jpg

Yes, good for you for posting.  I had no idea about how to do this until last year and I have sent many people Qvc gifts over the years.  Like most people, I just didn't pay enough attention and follow the directions.  I never had the op's problem because I always phoned or emailed to let people know that a gift was on the way.  So, they knew who it was from.  

Valued Contributor

I did type in the To and From. Guess the recipient didn't look at the packing slip.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

I've read on here that the message is on the packing slip that's taped to the outside of the package.  It's not very noticeable.  Many people have complained about this.

Yes, that's sort of what it was when I sent my son a gift a couple of years ago.  I had indicated that it was a gift, filled out the message, etc.  When it arrived, he had no idea why he had received it, and he assumed it had been sent to him in error although he had never bought or received anything from QVC.  He happened to mention it to me in passing, and I told him it had been a gift from me.  Finally, he found a pathetic flimsy little typed-out slip of paper that was tiny and hard to read, underneath the label that was taped to the box. 

I had expected something a little more substantial and noticeable than that.  I order from a lot of companies, and have never seen anything as cheap-looking as this was.  I'm sure QVC gets calls all the time from people who receive gifts, but weren't able to locate the gift "card".