Respected Contributor

Which stores were holiday busy..................

From my shopping experiences, I think stores have been busy this holiday. Ulta was very busy no matter week day or weekend. Others busy were Apple, Target, BBB, Best Buy to name a few. 

Looks like people are spending money. 

I shopped more at Amazon than Q. Shipping charges and price promotions made a lot of my purchasing decisions. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Which stores were holiday busy..................

Yes, @granddi, the stores we visited today were doing business hand over fist.  Kohl's even had one of their nice ladies with a little microphone or megaphone or something, managing and directing the various line-ups at the cash registers.

J. C. Penney and the Hallmark Store were bustling too.  Here's to a great mercantile season for all businesses, and a percolating end of the year economy...

Respected Contributor

I was in Tuesday Morning today and they moved all that they had to the front of the store. The back of the store was empty, they were wiped out.

Honored Contributor

@granddi

I haven’t been in many stores and the ones I have been in weren’t all that busy. It was kind of scary. Not what I expect this time of year. - Oh. WalMart has been busy but WalMart here is just about always busy.

I’ve done all my shopping online this year. The one item I tried to buy in a B&M store was completely out of stock. Why bother?

I’ve purchased gifts from Amazon & HSN this year and will also be ordering flowers and similar gifts from a few places. 

I might buy buy a gift or two from a favorite gift shop nearby but that is about it.

Honored Contributor

I generally don't go anywhere near the mall this time of year, but had some time to kill by the mall.  I went into an anchor store.  It didn't seem busier than during a typical sale.  The checkout was a little backed up, but they are always understaffed.  

Honored Contributor

The Goodwill-we have a huge one (size of a Big Lots)

Walmart

Honored Contributor

My shopping has been done and wrapped for a couple of weeks, but my son wanted help shopping today (ugh! lucky me!)

Barnes and Noble was busy, the mall was as well, and Walmart wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, but definitely busy. 

My guess is that many late shoppers realize they have a whole week yet, and many are putting off shopping even yet.

Saw something on the news in the last couple of days, stating retail sales are way up over last year and projections even for this year. 

Glad to hear that!

Trusted Contributor

Ugh, I had to go to Wal-Mart today, and nearly got ran over by a woman in one of those motor carts. I think when it's busy stores should have fast lanes and slow lanes. Those who like to talk to people or use their smartphones can be idle in the slow lane, while I run by in the fast lane. 🛴☺

Esteemed Contributor

No malls here so I shop online. 

I also try to support local retailers. I bought holiday candles and candies locally made. I'll pick up a floral centerpiece next week from a local florist. They were steady busy but not crazy.

You can't get me to shop at a mall, let alone Kohl's or WM!

Honored Contributor

The stores are all EMPTY around here.   Everyone must have left Phoenix for "the snow"............except the tourists who are wandering around in summer clothes and driving convertibles.   It's COLD here in the winter!   52° right now, and going down(!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥