Valued Contributor

I sent Valerie's 2 --9 inch pine trees with a cardinal on top to a friend. I know I sent it as a gift and I'm sure I sent a To and From message. I got confirmation that it arrived today and emailed her. She was glad that I emailed her as she had no idea who it was from. Does QVC just put in a packing slip or where is there info re: who the gift is from? The enclosure said something about Valerie hoping she liked the gift. The funny part is she has a good friend named Valerie and she thought it was from her!

Honored Contributor

Re: When you send a gift.....

when you add an item to your shopping cart it will take you to your shopping cart page. you should see where it says "gift option" and underneath you will see "options" as a  small clickable link. when you click on that then this pops up.....

Giftwrap Options

The item you have chosen is eligible for QVC's Gift Wrap Service or our FREE Personalized Packing Slip Message. Gift-wrapped Boxes will be wrapped in attractive, heavyweight paper - in a fresh, new color for every season. Each will be adorned with matching ribbon and personalized gift card, for beautiful presentation. The Packing Slip Message allows up to 60 characters for your message, does NOT show the price, and will arrive with the package. Simply fill in the message below and, during Check-Out, give us the recipient's name and address in the "Ship-To" space.

Choose from your gift options:

None
Packing Slip Message - Free!
Gift Wrap - $5.00

Message: Please fill in the "To" and "From" fields below (14 characters each) and the "Message" (up to 60 characters) as you want them to appear. Be sure to check for typing errors before you continue.

To:
From: http://www.qvc.com/wcsstore/US/content/images/giftwrap2.jpg
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I send gifts to my sister all the time, and there is NEVER a message or indication of who sent the gift.  I find this to be problematic.  I don't necessarily want to gift wrap it, I just want the message that I wrote to be included.  Thankfully she knows that if it comes from QVC, it's from me, but that is the only way she knows.

All other vendors I send gifts from include messages.

Honored Contributor

Wow-that is not good but good to know!

And maybe if it's that small no one ever notices it!

If I ever send something as a gift again, I'll remember to let them know myself. It's a good thing you checked with her @elruth!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

There is a place where you can add a message if sending as a gift. It's been a while since I used it but they don't automatically fill it in.

Esteemed Contributor

I always mention to my family that something from me is coming their way....so they can both look out for a package and know it was from me....just in case...

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

There is a place where you can add a message if sending as a gift. It's been a while since I used it but they don't automatically fill it in.

@OKPrincess  I regularly send gifts to my sister and nephew.  I always fill in the MESSAGE portion, yet it NEVER has been included with the gift sent.  Never!

Honored Contributor

I've read on here that the message is on the packing slip that's taped to the outside of the package.  It's not very noticeable.  Many people have complained about this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I have gotten gift cards sent to me directly from Amazon, 1 this year and 1 last year, and although they have included a greeting card, it's never signed.  I need to tell the person that sends it to me that if they are paying for the card, not to include it anymore because it's a waste of their money.

Respected Contributor

My Mom sends me a lot from QVC from time to time, mostly food items around the holiday.  It always shows a zero amount on the packing slip and then her name at the bottom.