Regular Contributor

I  am just going to vent here to you . I don't want to vent on Facebook. Maybe here I can get some annonomous support, love, lol! 

My goodness, my family has crumbled in the last few years. My dad died 4 yrs ago. He really was the rock that held us together. My adult daughter died almost 2 years ago. 

I am not looking forward to the holidays starting tomorrow. I'm actually dreading the day. Half of our family is going to be away and the rest of us are going to have a store purchased meal. I get and love family tradition but to me our family traditions have died. Truthfully, I just want to skip it all. Tomorrow will just be a day where we all just go through the motions. Sad but true. I used to love the holidays. I am feeling pretty low as the holidays used to be such a special time for me. Now, I just want to hibernate in my home. Not looking for responses, just want a safe place to express my feelings.

Respected Contributor

@Andrewsgrandma  with your having such low expectations, i hope that something surprises and delights you tomorrow. 

Regular Contributor

I hope so too. Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry @Andrewsgrandma!

You've been through some heartbreaking losses no mother ever wants to imagine or have happen. And losing your dad-the rock of your family.

I think when traditions don't fit anymore and make us sad or no longer bring joy, its time to make new ones that can bring us some comfort and happiness, whatever that may be-sitting home and watching a lovely movie or book or whatever everyone wants to do. Or all going out to a movie and Chinese-something different. 

And to honor those who are not with you physically but will always be in your heart and that you will never forget until you meet again.

I hope this Thanksgiving might become a turning point of all deciding not to just go through the motions, but do something that means something to each of you even if its skipping the whole day of

any tradition at allSmiley Happy

here's a cyber hug (((()))Image result for panda hug

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss @Andrewsgrandma.  Blessings to you for a brighter tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

Re: I am dreading tomorrow

[ Edited ]

@Andrewsgrandma

God bless you, just hang in there.  Please try to go into the holidays with some positive thoughts of the memories you have....perhaps that can help sustain you as you go through the holidays. 

My cousin just lost her husband a month ago and they had no children, so she is struggling also because she loved the holidays.  I will talk with her and will speak of my love for her; and as I speak to you here in this note, I pass my love to you. 

Please try to do your best at the positive parts and perhaps create some new traditions...and come back to us and we will stand by you as you walk through these holidays.

Sending my love to you .......Scarlet

Honored Contributor

Hugs to you.

Respected Contributor

You are still grieving big losses in your life ...it’s understandable you aren’t feeling “festive”.  There’s no right/wrong way to celebrate.....so be gentle with yourself and others.   

I hope it it turns out much better than you expect.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I am dreading tomorrow

[ Edited ]

I know exactly how you feel....things change....sometimes not for the best....I lost 2 very dear friends- in their sixties- this year....one who was my BFF for over 30 years--and most recently a dear young family friend who was only 16 years-old....wish I was a bear--I'd be hibernating now.....you will be in my thoughts tomorrow....

Honored Contributor

I’m so sorry.  The depth of your pain is understandable.  Maybe going through the motions will help, if not, do whatever you need to do to take of yourself.