Honored Contributor

Re: When do we change the time back?

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SilleeMee,   I have a cat not a dog.  lol  Golden Retriever are wonderful dogs.  My friend has one and they are such good companions and so good natured.  You sound like a good mom and give your dog lots of love.  I love my sweetie pie too.  

It still sounds adorable!Woman Very Happy @Katcat1

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@patbz wrote:

I live in Arizona and we don't change time (sounds like several East Coast states are thinking about doing the same).  After all, most of us aren't farmers and all of us have electricity, so what's the point?

I am in AZ too and so glad we don't have to go through the ritual of changing our clocks.  It was started many, many years ago and I think it is time to let it go...jmo.

Years ago I visited a friend in Indiana who was in an area they did not change clocks back and were within walking distance of those in the state that did.  To me, that would be confusing!  Not sure if it's still that way!

Honored Contributor

It is the best night of the whole year and I love longer nights with shorter days.  I always fix a special dinner for the special Sat. night!!  I still miss the days of the clock turning in Oct. and March, not Nov. and April.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Europe channged their clocks yesterday so we are out of synch for a week.

Honored Contributor

Ye Gads.  And here I thought it happened a month ago. 

Honored Contributor

Oh yes, almost time for the bi-annual lunacy... Just pick a time and stick with it... Folks will simply need to accommodate whatever time is selected...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I live in the Midwest and I leave for work about 650am and it is dark then. Once we set the clocks back it will start getting dark at about 430p and by 5pm it will be pitch dark already.....At least for November and December, I think the days start getting a little longer in the middle of January or towards the end........ 

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I live in the Midwest and I leave for work about 650am and it is dark then. Once we set the clocks back it will start getting dark at about 430p and by 5pm it will be pitch dark already.....At least for November and December, I think the days start getting a little longer in the middle of January or towards the end........ 

@CANDLEQUEENand therein lies the problem once the time changes.  I'm retired now but well remember the days when the only time there's sunlight - we were at work.

To me it's so depressing once your coming/leaving for work are in the darkness.  ALso when winter finally truly sets in I cocoon at home.  I hate the cold and stay home more but the absolute worst part - when I''m home, it's cold and dark I'm often wrapped up in a blanket with comfort foods.  I typically am heavier in winter than rest of the year.  Once time changes again, I find myself moving more and rarely home - I lose that winter handful of pounds.  

Honored Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEENand therein lies the problem once the time changes.  I'm retired now but well remember the days when the only time there's sunlight - we were at work.

To me it's so depressing once your coming/leaving for work are in the darkness.  ALso when winter finally truly sets in I cocoon at home.  I hate the cold and stay home more but the absolute worst part - when I''m home, it's cold and dark I'm often wrapped up in a blanket with comfort foods.  I typically am heavier in winter than rest of the year.  Once time changes again, I find myself moving more and rarely home - I lose that winter handful of pounds.  

@Financialgrl I agree 100%......I also tend to put on a few extra pounds during the winter. Once it is cold and snowy, I love to stay in  with a nice fire going and like you said some good Comfort Food!!!!lol!  I still work, but once I get home in the winter months I stay home-kids are grown and gone, just hubby and I-so really no reason. Today is a cold dreary day here, and I would have loved to stay home curled up reading a good book!  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd.    I agree.  Then no one would have to worry about ever changing the time back and forth.  I have relatives in Arizona.

kindness is strength