Respected Contributor

Re: What was your first music concert and when...

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@luvmyteddy4   You've a great list, how fab for you to have seen so many incredible artists.

You didn't note The Beatles...

Not the Beatles, I loved Paul but I was only 15 and not driving yet. lol

Honored Contributor

Doobie Brothers 1973

Billy Ray Cyrus 2x early 1990’s

Toby Keith 1996

Honored Contributor

In the early 60s, I was really into folk music. We used to hang out in coffee houses in Greenwich Village. I think the first actual concert was The Kingston Trio concert held at the Forest Hills Tennis Stadium. Sometime before 1963.
Super Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

The Doors in 1968.  I was in Jr high.

Over the years have been to many concerts, most of them in the 1970s.

@haddon9  I’m jealous.

Me too.  The Doors are my favorite band of all time.  I would have loved to see Jim Morrison in his prime.

My first concert was in the early 80's.  The Cars at the Boston Garden.  They sounded great live, but there was very little interaction with the audience, which I thought was strange, especially since the Cars were from Boston.  I've been listening to their music a lot lately and I believe they were truly underrated.  And Benjamin Orr was pretty easy on the eyes!

I've also seen The Doobie Brothers, America, The Moody Blues, The Eagles and U2.  The Eagles were unbelieveable.  Probably the best show I've seen.

Valued Contributor

First, Richie Havens at the Fillmore East 1968 ? I was set up on a blind date. Turned out he was my 2ndcousin!

Started college in Feb. 1970. Winter weekend. Mountain, Ten Years After, Chicago

Spring weekend. Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane,

Joe Cocker

Discovered Billy Joel playing backup to J.Geils Band1971? And,any times after.

Saw The Band at Forest Hills Tennis Stadium1970?

Ike and Tina Turner1975

Also, Crosby, Stills, and Nash, Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Lionel Richie, Carole King,, Maroon5, Bruce Springsteen.

Plus many more already mentioned.

But, prices are now ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

Madison Square Garden

The Commodores (featuring Lionel Richie)

Yep, "Brick House" and all the rest,,,

Valued Contributor

That would be Paul McCartney with Wings in 1976 at the Chicago Stadium when I lived in Chicago. I had tickets to go with my boyfriend at the time. He bailed at the last minute for some reason so I went with my cousin. The music was very loud but I had a wonderful time.

Esteemed Contributor

Barry Manilow...3 times, CA

Marvin Gaye...CA

Paul Anka...Las Vegas

Engelbert Humperdinck...Las Vegas

Frank Sinatra...3 times, NY, FL, CA

Barbra Striesand...NY

Neil Diamond...Las Vegas

John Denver...CA

All of them a very long time ago, the exact time frame just a wonderful memory.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD 

As noted, Beatles were in St. Louis at Busch Stadium (I was 13), Also, Dave Clark 5 at Kiel Auditorium (also, St. Louis).  They were opening for Chuck Berry! 

I also remembered going to the ****** Clark Caravan of Stars as a teen.  I had competed in the Miss Teen American pagent (lost!), but the consolation prize was back stage passes to the ****** Clark Show.  So many of the early stars were there...it really was a fun experience. But I didn't have ONE picture of it!  Nor of the other concerts.

Journey and REO at Cap Center in Largo, MD. By that time, I'd gotten married and moved out East.  That husband wouldn't go with me, so I went alone Cat LOL  Concerts then were not something I was comfortable with, but...I did it anyway.

Most of the later ones were at Ramshead Tavern in Annapolis, MD. 

Remembered that I saw Hall and Oates at Wolftrap, in VA.  And just John Oates at Ramshead. 

While there are lots of big areas in and around Maryland/Virginia/DC, I will only go to Ramshead anymore.  It is very small, and you can reserve your seat.

I am not comfortable at huge venues or with General Admission.  Too much of a free for all!

And.....not to go on and on (but I am), we have tickets to see the Rascals on April 5 at Ramshead.  Felix Cavailere still has a great voice and seems very sweet on stage.  Still has the fire for his music.  He was a real cutie back in the day.

Honored Contributor

Grand Funk Railroad --- Anyone remember them????  

My friend and I were crazy about them and had a massive crush on Mark Farnum (sp)!  We were I believe 16 and her parents took us and dropped us off.  I remember my dear mother did not want me to go and was very against it!  My friend's parents said --- oh, they'll be fine!  They dropped us off and then picked us up when it was over!  Oh, my, goodness!  We were screaming and yelling our heads off!  We had the best time!!! 

Oh, I think it was 1969??? Wow --- so long ago!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin