Trusted Contributor

Re: What was your first music concert and when...

Saw John Denver at the old Chicago Stadium in 1976 with my sister-in-law and a friend. We both loved John Denver and it was awesome.  Since then have seen Dylan 8 times, Don Henley, Elton John 3 times, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, REO Speedwagon, Cheap Trick, Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel twice, Tom Waits(great concert), Ringo Starr, Alice Cooper twice, and this past April, Van Morrison in Chicago.

Respected Contributor

KC and the Sunshine Band.  I was in my early teen's.  I got real close to the side of the stage before he went on.  Almost shook his hand.  I took a picture but lost it.  He was wearing a bright orange jumpsuit.

Esteemed Contributor

First big name was James Taylor. 70s. between high school and college. Kansas University Allen Fieldhouse. With long hair, JT sat on a stool in the middle of the arena with acoustic guitar and sang. It was the beginning of several good concerts in my life. Someone mentioned Huey Lewis and the news. He's still good. Opening act recently for Jimmy Buffett. A wonderful evening.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Engelbert Humperdinck in Vegas when I was a young teen. I went there with my mom and some of her friends for a 'ladies weekend out'.  

I saw Wayne Newton in Vegas and sat in the front row, he sings to the ladies and I got a kiss from the stage. 1975

I also saw Liberace for my moms sake and touched all the rings on his hand. My mom was so excited when I got home and told her. lol I really enjoyed him, man he was good!

Super Contributor

Ricky Nelson, circadian 1960.  Hahahaha.

saw him perform again on the ‘80’s at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park when the park was doing concerts on the green, picnic style.

Trusted Contributor

Gosh, I was really young/pre-teen. My parents took me and a few friends to see Bobby Sherman in Philly. 

Trusted Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

Been to so many concerts...but the first was in 1972, The Carpenters.  It was great.....Karen Carpenter's voice was so very beautiful.

The Carpenters were my first concert, too.  Western Illinois University, fall of 1973.

Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4   You've a great list, how fab for you to have seen so many incredible artists.

You didn't note The Beatles...

Honored Contributor

Barry Manilow with a girlfriend who was obsessed with him. 😂 Actually it was a good show.

Around that same time:
Rod Stewart
Elton John
Neil Diamond
Chicago
Madonna
Prince
Michael Jackson
Bruce Springsteen
Van Halen
Journey
Huey Lewis and the News
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman   WOW - you're is crazy!!!  If I can ask, where were yiou when you saw these groups?