Honored Contributor

Re: What was your favorite Halloween costume?

[ Edited ]

Dad had brought Mom home a beautiful Japanese Kimona from Japan while he was in the Navy.   Mom shortened it for me and I wore a woman's silk stocking over my head for the face.  I felt so "beautiful". I think I was about 9 or 10 yrs. old.

Respected Contributor

Cyndi Lauper!  My cousin Cheryl  helped me with that one - She's very good with makeup , and put together a very Cyndi-like outfit for me to wear.

Valued Contributor

As an elementary teacher, I always dressed. The 10 days before Halloween my school would raise money by allowing kids to dress up each day ( for a donation or not).Each day had a theme....western day, pajama day, rockstar day, etc. 

When I taught 4/5 grade gifted, the students could only dress if they made there own costumes. So much creativity from parents and kids.

@Big Joanie Yes, I, too, went as Everything but the Kitchen sink with a colander on my head and utensils pinned to my sweatshirt! It was very "fitting" as I was teaching idioms that week!

My favorite was a superhero day. I made a cape out of a large black garbage bag and glued store coupons on it, made a big S on shirt and sales tags earrings. I was "Super Shopper". It was a big hit!

Always made by sons costumes. Offered to do made 3 grand girls but DIL declined.

Enjoy the day.

Esteemed Contributor

My mother in law sewed habits for her parish. I went as Mother Theresa with a properly sewn habit of her order. My second favorite was Dolly Pardon. I met teenagers in the local park & they asked for my autograph lol