Respected Contributor

What was your favorite Halloween costume?

for yourself or your children or both...

As a child my favorite costume was a table.  The only problem was that it was windy that Halloween and my tablecloth kept blowing up in my face. 

As an adult DH and I went to a 70's themed Halloween party and we dressed as the Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman.  We entered the party in a slow motion run. 

For my children, my oldest DD was Blue from Blue's Clues for her first trick or treat at 18 months.  We made the costume out of a light blue hoodie and sweatpants stamped with a potato.  We made tears out of a matching sweatshirt that we cut into the shape of the ears and stuffed. 

Honored Contributor

Re: What was your favorite Halloween costume?

Beavis, my friend was Butthead.  We won a costume contest at work

Honored Contributor

When I was in middle school, I was invited to a Halloween party. My mom did not sew, but she was creative and she fashioned a Cleopatra outfit out of an old drape. With some makeup and the right hairstyle I won first prize. It is a great memory.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@ninjawife  My DD, from the time she was 3 years old, wanted to be a princess, or a bride, or a fairy princess, or a fairy princess bride. I sewed each costume from scratch, including that green velvet, long sleeved princess dress with the huge conical headdress. When she was in second grade, she and her friends decided they were going to create coordinating outfits. That outfit and every outfit she created after that is my favorite!

Valued Contributor

Fun question!

As a child, my Mother made me a Bo Peep costume.  She made a hoop skirt and made the staff out of tin foil.  I think I carried a stuffed lamb, but I'm not sure.

As an adult, for a party, I found a black fringed dress at Goodwill and went as a 1920s flapper.   With a wig,  very long necklace, and a sequined head tie, it was very realistic.  Lots of fun.

Esteemed Contributor

@ninjawife 

My only one was a Lone Ranger Mask, it cost $.20

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

In Jr. HI, one year, my mom sewed me an Indian girl's outfit.  Just loved it.  Was even thinking about it today.  (She also sewed  for me 2 different prom dresses.) She was multi-talented.   

Respected Contributor

I could never figure out what to do as an adult.  So.......I wore some tights, cut holes in a green garbage bag for my head/arms, found some sticks in the backyard to use as bow/arrows and fashioned a hat out of newspaper................Robinhood 

Respected Contributor

At about 7 or 8 .. I was " Everything but the kitchen sink " .... My Mother

made a basic costume .. and pinned or glued everythinng she could

tnink of to it .... it was fun ....

Honored Contributor

Lil'Red Riding Hood