Honored Contributor

Re: What time do you gather?

I have no idea what our gathering will be this year.

DS has a procedure today which, if it doesn't work, will have him in major surgery in January.  Then he has an infusion treatment the Monday before Thanksgiving.

DH has an endoscopy on the same day and a CAT of his kidney the following Monday after Thanksgiving.

The kids host Thanksgiving but I'm thinking of ordering a meal kit from Whole Foods to give everyone some breathing room.

Life is changing rapidly. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I have no idea what our gathering will be this year.

DS has a procedure today which, if it doesn't work, will have him in major surgery in January.  Then he has an infusion treatment the Monday before Thanksgiving.

DH has an endoscopy on the same day and a CAT of his kidney the following Monday after Thanksgiving.

The kids host Thanksgiving but I'm thinking of ordering a meal kit from Whole Foods to give everyone some breathing room.

Life is changing rapidly. 

@Cakers3......so sorry to read this about your DH.  Will definitely add him to my prayer list.  Will also say prayers for you too.  He appears to be going through a pretty rough time now, but I have found out with going through what I've been going through the past almost 4 years, it is best to just take it a day at a time.  Please keep us updated.  You take care of yourself.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Hors d'oeuvres around 3; dinner around 4.  I try to have a resting period before dessert, but there always seems to be someone in a hurry.

Valued Contributor

We all get together around 2pm. The others have kids and ofcourse some of them come late but thats fine. We eat around 4pm. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Respected Contributor

I'm hosting, so family and friends will gather here beginning from around noon - 4:00 PM. I'll already have the appetizers out by 2:00. Dinner will hopefully be served around 6:00 if no one is too late arriving, followed by desserts around 8:00. Guests will be staying overnight here and others with my local adult children in their homes. No need to rush off with full tummies! 

65D7AD79-6291-4EB0-874C-B1FBB10D3C2F.jpeg

Frequent Contributor

We will be on a Caribbean cruise during Thanksgiving. We will be at sea that Thursday. Early seating dinner is 5:30.

Trusted Contributor

Oh, that sounds especially nice and relaxing right now, @blrc. Lucky you! 😊

My sister and I will be hosting family, extended family, neighbors who have no family and a few friends. Planning to gather around 3:00 and serve dinner as it all (hopefully) comes together shortly thereafter. 

37827D1B-8F25-440C-8ED1-4F6F9D3811AC.jpeg