Regular Contributor

What's In Your Purse 👜 

Giving mine a good cleaning today. I usually just move things from purse to purse.

Wallet, coin purse, makeup pouch, phone, receipts, mints, small notepad, couple of pens, granola bar, aspirin, coins at the bottom, oh a couple of husbands things also.

We all know the phrase "here put this in your purse " lol

i love a nice clean purse

Esteemed Contributor

Don't carry a purse anymore. I have a smaller crossbody that just fits a phone, keys and some cash. 

Honored Contributor

After 8 years of retirement, I no longer carry a handbag either.   I rarely leave the house for longer than 2 hours, so I carry the equivalent of a wristlet on a crossbody strap.  I'm done with handbags.   

Honored Contributor

I never did understand people who drag around hair brushes, pictures, multiple makeup items, mints, hair pins, and all sorts of "stuff."  That would make me crazy to have to dig through it. 

Honored Contributor

I carry my whole life in my purse it weighs a ton! My deceased mother would say "do you really need to take all that with you", I would reply "yes I do"!

Esteemed Contributor

@Abby1967 

Just the basics; wallet, phone, reading glasses, tissues, nail clippers, comb, lip balm, and whatever Covid "accessories" needed for the outing.  I carry a cross-body bag.  

Honored Contributor

Re: What’s In Your Purse

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

After 8 years of retirement, I no longer carry a handbag either.   I rarely leave the house for longer than 2 hours, so I carry the equivalent of a wristlet on a crossbody strap.  I'm done with handbags.   

Same for me.  I sold most of my handbags at a local consignment shop and made a total of about $2000.00.

Respected Contributor

For everyday I carry a lightweight fabric tote (about 10" by 12") with organizational pockets to hold what I want to have handy. My favorites are my Baggilini everywhere tote and the ones I bought from Bags by April on Etsy.

"Always carry" items include my keys and phone, mask, small packs of Kleenex and wet wipes, as well as sunglasses, lipstick, and a body/hand lotion, and I use a slim credit card wallet. It easily slides into most any slip pocket. I try not to load up my bag with things that I don't need for a quick trip to the store. 

I've found that using cloth zippered pouches is an easy way to keep "like items" together that I don't need for running errands but might like for a day out, and I can easily add or remove these pouches to fit my schedule. One pouch holds my bandaids, allergy pills, etc. and a similar one has a few mini makeup items if I am going on a day trip. They also are slim and go into interior slip pockets. 

Esteemed Contributor

Small wallet, phone, keys, aspirin, chapstick, Kleenex.

Honored Contributor

It's right here beside me.  I like tote bags because I have spinal stenosis and I carry a light weight folding cane just in case my back hurts.  So there's that.  I also have a wallet, sunglasses, hand sanitizer, two masks although we only need masks in medical offices now.  I have a light airy scarf, a lipstick, my Kindle Reader, my phone.   If hubby is with me, I have his sunglasses.  Sometimes an 8oz bottle of water and a protein bar.