Honored Contributor

Paul McCartney -- They Say It's Your 79th Birthday

James Paul McCartney born June 18th, 1942.

Today is 15 years past when he was 64.

Thanks for all the great music I've loved for decades. I still have Beatlemania! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah! ❤ 😍

Trusted Contributor

Re: Paul McCartney -- They Say It's Your 79th Birthday

My favorite also, happy birthday to the best singer and song writer that was in the best rock band ever.  And still just a regular, down to earth guy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee   We both share a love for Sir Paul & the Beatles!!  IMO they are still the greatest rock//pop group ever!! Paul stole my heart decades ago when I had the honor of meeting him. There will never be another singing/ songwriting team that  comes close to Lennon & McCartney.They we're brilliant together!!

Happy birthday Paul!!🎈🎂🎉❤️🥂 .You still have many miles to go on that long & winding road!!

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday to Sir Paul!

We were lucky enough to see him when the Alamodome in San Antonio opened for the first time. Tickets were by lottery, and they drew my number!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee 

Hard for me to believe he is 79.  

Still in love with their sound, their look, those years. 

Still in love with all of them!  

Honored Contributor

Love me some Paul!!!!  Always have, always will!  Happy birthday to Paul and many more to him!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Wow.  It seems like just last month I was standing in a long line in the rain to buy my first copy of "Here's The Beatles" album.  (I still have it, by the way...)

Happy B-day, Sir Paul!  Heart

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Wow.  It seems like just last month I was standing in a long line in the rain to buy my first copy of "Here's The Beatles" album.  (I still have it, by the way...)

Happy B-day, Sir Paul!  Heart

@tototwo  Do you mean Meet the Beatles?

It is definitely hard to believe that almost 60 years have gone by since we first met the Beatles. There used to be Beatles magazines consisting of tons of photos if them. On Sundays my mother and I would spend the afternoon with her very rich uncle who owned a steel company and we'd walk up to the corner drug store where he would buy me a Beatles magazine. (My father would have thought that was a complete waste of money).  I sure wish I still had all those magazines. A few Christmases ago, a friend who knew this sent me one for Christmas that she had found in an antique store!  ❤  

Esteemed Contributor

thanks @Pearlee I knew his bday was coming up ,   Hit caught up in life so happy you posted !   Happy Birthday Sir Paul 🎉  Love him Sooo much !!    I have always loved the Beatles ,  no band will ever come close they are a once in a lifetime fundamental.       Paul has just always been my favorite.  His voice ,  his writing,  music,  his giving to others especially animal charities,  and let's not forget his handsome good looks which he still has !!!  

May he be with us for many years to come .   Love knowing he's in our world ❤️🎂❤️

@Pearlee Ive been meaning to tell you that if you have AXSTV they every so often show the Paul McCartney & Wings concert . I have it Dvr'd . It's the one from the mid 70's.   It's the first concert I saw him in ,  I was young ,  but will never   ever forget it  !! I was thrilled beyond !   I've seen him in concert since and every time has been surreal ! Last time was 4 yrs ago and it's still the Best concert ever !!!!  He still has it and stays on stage the whole time never takes a break   .  It was at a gigantic out door stadium and hot ,  it was summer ,  but he kept right on singing ,  I think he never wants to didsapoint his fans !  The concert was a bday gift from my hubby. 

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore. Sorry but I don't get that station.

Thanks anyway.

I've seen Paul three times in concert and they were definitely the best concerts I've ever been to.  What a show he puts on!  Yes, they were each over 3 hrs long (no opening act thankfully) and he didn't want to stop. The guy is a born entertainer...he loves it (he certainly doesn't need the money). 

I was just blown away being in the same room with him, seeing him in person singing Yesterday and having a singalong with him to Obla Di, Obla Da.  Here was this guy from Liverpool who, in his Beatles days I never thought I would ever see live, performing in front of me. I was in awe of him, watching him and thinking of all the songs that came out of his head.  Maybe I'm Amazed!