Honored Contributor

Re: What's In Your Collection?

I collect dinnerware.  I especially love serving bowls and platters.

14k and 18k vintage watches.

14k and 18k bangle bracelets and earrings and rings, also brooches and pins of insects and animals.. no costume jewelry.  I like vintage pieces as well as modern.

Small kitchen gadgets that fit in a drawer

trinket boxes, especially handmade wooden puzzle boxes

handmade santas even the faces and hands on them must be handmade,

i don't have massive collections, because I am picky.  The items I collect must be special, except for the kitchen gadgets, which seem to multiply on their own.

Regular Contributor

I've stopped collecting but I have quite a few pigs, lol. I just like them and they fit in well with our rustic decor. I have several but less than 15 luxury handbags, LV and Chanel. I'm done buying those as I have enough. I do use them daily and rotate often. Otherwise, I'm doing my best to donate and get rid of stuff. I'm tired of dusting knick knacks!

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne,

A cousin of mine started collecting roosters for the country kitchen in her new home.  She started with several beautiful hand painted roosters that stood close to 2 ft tall. They were so colorful and were beautiful accent pieces on her buffet.   

Same thing happened; family members came to see her new home and she soon had a kitchen full of cheap rooster salt and pepper shakers, coasters, napkin holders, paper towel holders, everything rooster that just did not go with the expensive pieces she started with.     

Valued Contributor

Vintage birdhouses like from farm auctions etc.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RedTop

Same here I collected roosters of various colors to complete my French Country kitchen ideas.

Geez, over the years I received so many as gifts - 5 years ago I sorted thru them & kept only my fav -- donated 4 boxes to thrift shops.  Then I let everyone know no more roosters OR any other home gifts.  

@Plaid Pants2

Now the only thing I collect is "dust" on the boxes of my treasures I thought my kids would want -- nope they want nothing! So when hubby feels up to it his job is to go up in attic and bring them down.  I vowed to not open them (all clearly marked what's inside) and take them straight to Hospice/Habitat.