Esteemed Contributor

What do like to collect?

Shoes?

Handbags?

Money?

Me, I like to collect rosary beads. I'm not Catholic, but they give me peace and comfort.

I also like to collect Fenton cat figurines.

They're small and don't take up much space.

What about you?

Respected Contributor

Re: What's In Your Collection?

Angels

Honored Contributor

I haven't added to my collections in a while but I have fish and cat salt and pepper shakers.  My granddaughter loves looking at that.

I have tons of wool yardage and associated items for my old rug hooking hobby.  My fingers cramp up too much to make it fun anymore:/

I still have a few pieces of pink Fenton glass.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to collect owls. I have over 100 of them. I boxed most of them up as I got tired of dusting them every week.

I also collect trinket boxes in ceramic, glass, wood, jade, soapstone plus some are the puzzle boxes.

I have a large curio cabinet full of Precious Moments I collected years ago. Have not bought any in years since they have changed so much. I have no more room for them.

I also collect money. LOL!!! Dad has already left me his coin collection. I need to go thru it some time in case I have questions for dad while he's still here. I know there's a folded up $1 bill that his dad carried in his pocket every day of his life. Dad told me not to try to unfold it because it would fall apart as old as it is. I also throw all of our spare change in different jars & bags. I have some of those $2 bills that I stored in books so they would stay flat. I have no idea which books.

I have several Fenton pieces too.

I still have my cigar box of marbles I collected when I was a kid.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, I collect too many things and should be down sizing. English tea strainers, crystal liqueur stems, ceramic pitchers and porcelain teapots, American brilliance cut class, antique linens, china tea cups and demi tasse cups, Arthurian novels and fantasy literature collections, wizards and sorceror figurines, Art Deco era framed magazine covers,  antique jewelry,etc. etc. They make me happy to be surrounded by these objects, but they keep me busy dusting. I still have my Blue Willow Made in Occupied Japan doll dishes and my Keystone Doll House with original furniture from my childhood. Time to let go of some of these things.

Esteemed Contributor

Coffee mugs!   I have about 140 of them from all over the world.  Many I have bought myself from certain destinations.  (They have to say a place on them).  Also many are gifts from traveling family and friends.  I have every state in the US and many of the National Parks.  Also several from abroad.    I started when I was 19 years old, I'm 56 now.

Honored Contributor

Books

Villeroy and Boch china

cats LOL

makeup

handbags

shoes

gothic decor

preVatican II missals and prayer books

I like clothes a lot

jewelry although I don't have much, I'm picky

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I haven't added to my collections in a while but I have fish and cat salt and pepper shakers.  My granddaughter loves looking at that.

I have tons of wool yardage and associated items for my old rug hooking hobby.  My fingers cramp up too much to make it fun anymore:/

I still have a few pieces of pink Fenton glass.  

I've forbidden myself from buying anymore wool yarn until I use up what I already have. It's a weakness. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2

I don’t collect anything; I don’t enjoy dusting. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I probably have more purses than the average female. 

And Toms shoes. I can’t resist them. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?