Honored Contributor

Re: What's In Your Collection?

Functional anatomy books.

Lippies

Earrings

Shoes

I don't know that I "collect" them, though, I just can't seem to resist acquiring new ones.

Honored Contributor

I can’t collect things any more, as I have very limited space so my collecting days are pretty much over.

In the past -

Cat figures, fridge magnets, coffee mugs, tote bags, Celtic jewelry. Moon-themed items. Edward Gorey items.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I guess my "collection" is clothes, especially leather items (skirts, pants, dresses, coats & jackets, gloves, shoes, and boots). It all goes back to being a poor young working girl and not having much. I've been blessed to have what I do now, and I enjoy dressing up on Sundays and other special times.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz  It made me chuckle when you said you put the $2 bills in books, but have no idea which ones!  (Sounds like something I would do.)

Be careful, however, not to misplace that cigar box........I would sure hate for you to lose your marbles!   Cat LOL

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cashmere sweaters. Some of them are 20 years old, but I wear them all. 

SkyMiles. I earned a LOT of them over the years, but it keeps me from riding in the back. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

Teddy Bears, all kinds, stuffies and I have a curio cabinet filled with miniture teddies---you name it I probably have it.

I do have a small collection of bells, and cups & saucers from different places we visited.  These are in another curio cabinet. 

Opps how can I forget my shelf devoted to a small collection of

Elvis.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

Nothing now, but I used to collect snow globes and lighthouses until my friends got carried away with their everything snow globe and lighthouse gifts.  

I was very selective with my collection, sticking to moderately priced, borderline expensive pieces.  Some of my snow globes came from The San Francisco Music Box Company, and my lighthouses were miniature replicas of northern and southern lighthouses.  

I tried to keep my collections to myself, but one visit from a friend at work, and next thing you know I'm covered up with lighthouse tealight holders, ceramic lighthouses from local flea markets, lighthouse bookends, and literally a collection of everything cheap with a lighthouse on it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Unfortunately, I collect too many things and should be down sizing. English tea strainers, crystal liqueur stems, ceramic pitchers and porcelain teapots, American brilliance cut class, antique linens, china tea cups and demi tasse cups, Arthurian novels and fantasy literature collections, wizards and sorceror figurines, Art Deco era framed magazine covers,  antique jewelry,etc. etc. They make me happy to be surrounded by these objects, but they keep me busy dusting. I still have my Blue Willow Made in Occupied Japan doll dishes and my Keystone Doll House with original furniture from my childhood. Time to let go of some of these things.

@RainCityWoman- YIKES! That's a lot of collecting!  As long as you're happy with them, then that's great. Once they become a burden (like my various glass collections are), then it's time to kiss them goodbye!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

What a fun thread, I love reading what everyone likes to collect.  Even though I don't  have a lot of items in each collection, I do collect:

Vintage brooches (I wear them too)

Vintage Shiny Brite ornaments

Steinbach nutcrackers

Champagne buckets (with brand logos on them)

Esteemed Contributor

I have a collection of Seraphim Angels.  They are all in glass enclosed curio cabinets.