Honored Contributor

Re: What's In Your Collection?

@RedTop

That happened to me with chickens.  Everyone was giving me chickens!

Honored Contributor

Many of you have read that my house is primitives.  This is our drystacked fireplace, watercolor of an antique land mass document, candlemolds on the mantel, and footwarmer for a carriage on the lower left and brass footwarmer with full size spinning wheel on the right.

DSCN0253.JPG

Honored Contributor

Shoes!!!

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Nothing, but if I did, it would be Little Golden Books.  I could fit the whole collection in one bookcase!

@AuntG

I have a 'collection' of Little Golden Books, most vintage. I bought them when my son was little and we loved reading them. Saving them for the next generation! I'd say I have maybe 40 of them max.

Regular Contributor

Snowmen, cardinals, Precious Moments, Lenox

Respected Contributor

After I took early retirement and hung up my briefcases, I went crazy on handbags because I had not carried them for years. I still have too many, but I have sold, oh, 30 or so .Dooneys on eBay and all my LVs, which I no longer like. I also love my books and have too many, BUT when I designed this house with our early retirement in mind, I purposely did not put a library into it. It's the first house I've had without a library! That's because I knew I wanted to pare down my books, as well.  I try not to collect anything, but my husband collects cars!

Trusted Contributor

I guess I would say I have a thirty-year collection of Royal Copenhagen Christmas plates. 

I am trying desperately to get rid of things, but it seems I am

still doing a lot of wheel spinning.

A friend's mother recently died.  She had lived in the same home for seventy years in Berkeley.

The family had a gentleman come from an estate auction house, much like Sotheby's to look through the home.  He told my friend that antiques are less appreciated these days by the Millenials.

What is popular now is mid-century modern, clean lines much like the Scandinavian furniture.

I remember this beautiful home.

Now, I am accessing all my "things" and hope I can little by little find ways to get rid of things.

Esteemed Contributor

I will give anyone here one guess.  Smiley Very Happy

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Zhills wrote:

I have a collection of Seraphim Angels.  They are all in glass enclosed curio cabinets.

@Zhills....The Seraphim Angels are so beautiful!...Your collection must be stunning!...I have three of them displayed on a lowboy cabinet...very special meanings to me....Rachel (Children's Joy)...Kimberly (Abundant Blessings)....and Evangeline (Angel of Mercy).

Product Details

My beautiful Ruby Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is named Seraphim after the Seraphim angles,  they are the angles with three sets of wings that stand on each side of the Lord and they are always depicted as burning as if on fire.  My little baby, fits that description... she is on fire for sure..

Super Contributor

Let's see:  Handbags, clothing, Spode plates (blue),  Nutcrackers, white ceramic bunnies