Honored Contributor

What is the worse part of purchasing online

I would say all the darn boxes!  i have so many and they need to go out.  I started some early Christmas shopping but I also purchased items for myself and then purchased from Chewy.com and the boxes are so big.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: What is the worse part of purchasing online

Returning unwanted items.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not being able to do grocery shopping using my coupons I cut and price match to local sales...LOL

We don't use smartphones, so don't use apps for coupons. The savings is still not as good as price matching  at WM to sales at other local grocery stores with coupons.

I would never buy produce or items like eggs online though...

Currently I do selective grocery shopping online...some beverages like Sparkling Ice when it's on sale at WM...we love the apple, raspberry and cherry. When we can get Zevia soda on sale we'll get several cases of that too.

I will buy our k-cups coffee through Amazon. One of our faves is the 80 ct Newman's Own special blend and I usually buy 2 at a time.

Otherwise, that is my only wish. The boxes don't bother me. We pile them up in the garage til each Monday evening for trash pick-up Tuesday mornings  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Guessing at clothing sizes if it's a brand that I'm not all that familiar with. It turns out ok about 75% of the time, but returning stuff is a pain. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Regular Contributor

@Katcat1 I found a great way to use boxes to send donations to charities.  Amazon and several other sites offer to provide prepaid shipping labels.  You can ask for pickup via UPS or USPS.    Plus you will receive a tax deductible receipt.  A search for Givebackboxes will get detailed information.

Good for our environment to recycle and definitely helps me to purge unused stuff that someone else may be able to use.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1I find I can deal with the boxes much easier than I can get rid of the packing materials.  I do save some of the smaller boxes but anything large which would be too heavy for me to move and too big for me to store, I slit and fold flat.  They go into recycle almost immediately.

The worst part about the whole move to online shopping as far as I'm concerned is finding clothing that fits the way I want it to fit, furniture that suits my body, etc.   Free shipping does nothing much to relieve how much I detest the whole buy and return process. 

It's been a long time since I found shopping fun - having to try on 6 or more tops to find one that fits, to test sit 30 sofas before finding one is just not my idea of a good time either, but at least when I do it in person in-store, I don't have to figure out how to rewrap something and get it back to the company!

Honored Contributor

The waiting time. I'm not a patient person. Smiley Happy

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

waiting for delivery........

Honored Contributor

Sizing for each brand and then there's shoe sizing...ugh!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hoping I get what I wanted  (can't see it in person like a store)). What the products says it does etc.