Trusted Contributor

Re: What is the problem with new posters?

I just started  posting again tonight after my computer broke down several years ago. I decided to change my nic .... so it looks like I'm one of the new posters some posters may question! ...especially since I started posting in 2010 ... I did?? I think that's the year it said !! 

...but I'm not someone who changes her nic all the time...I    just haven't posted in a long time. Right now I'm typing on an iPad my brother loaned me...typing with one finger at a time! Good grief!! OK...just wanted to let you all know l'm legit!! I might as well tell you...I use to be LoveMyHandbags...!! Hi to those who remember me! 

Respected Contributor

@mantaraye wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I've had more issues/problems with existing posters than all the new ones combined. 

There are several here that hide behind the bushes just waiting to attack...either by subject or because of who is posting. 

I find it disheartening that anyone sits and waits to post snarky remarks, digs, personal affronts, and start arguments. Sometimes they are poofed, but more often they slip by to offend another day.

@Shanus  -  I completely agree with your comment,  because of certain posters that will comment on bad grammar, or mock a poster if they make errors in spelling.

I lurked for several years until I stuck my toe in the water.

@Shanus  DITTO!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:

I just started  posting again tonight after my computer broke down several years ago. I decided to change my nic .... so it looks like I'm one of the new posters some posters may question! ...especially since I started posting in 2010 ... I did?? I think that's the year it said !! 

...but I'm not someone who changes her nic all the time...I    just haven't posted in a long time. Right now I'm typing on an iPad my brother loaned me...typing with one finger at a time! Good grief!! OK...just wanted to let you all know l'm legit!! I might as well tell you...I use to be LoveMyHandbags...!! Hi to those who remember me! 

@EastCoastGalWelcome back and thank you for posting! Though I'm not familiar with your former nic, it shows that just because someone has a sign up date of 2010 and not many posts, it doesn't make them the boogeyman. 

Trusted Contributor

Hi truffle! Thanks for the welcome! I posted a LOT back then. Mostly after I retired in 2003... Good grief! That was 14 years ago! Gosh...I don't think that's when I was on here the most...but they didn't give me credit for any of my posts... Awww darn it. 

Thanks again for saying Hi...  :-) 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Sometimes what people label "attacks" are, in actuality, other posters seeing through the poster who feels attacked and recognizing that the poster's true motivations are pot-stirring or whatever else  that poster's true motivations are.  What some people deem to be attacks really aren't but are instead revealing the truth to other posters.

Oh. Good to know.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

Too bad some feel they have to create an alter ego to say how they really feel about a line or vendor for fear they'd be bullyied in the favorites forums for stating their opinion on some items. That's when I see a lot of new posters is when something hideous is on air, then there's a lot of negative comments from them. It seems fishy if they only come out to be rude, bash, vent, or stir the pot. Otherwise we were all new once.

Too bad those posters don't have enough self esteem to post under their regular user names.  However, I suspect the real reason for the pseudonyms is that they are solely posting to stir the pot and incite people.  Otherwise they'd be much more polite in their posts, which they aren't.  They are nasty and so want to post anonymously.  I think it's that reason far more than fear of bullying.  After all, given the very nasty and rude  language they use, they themselves are bullies. 

Hummmm.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone besides me feel this thread is going in circles and has run its course, made the point and is now getting more than repetitive? Maybe it's time to move on.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Does anyone besides me feel this thread is going in circles and has run its course, made the point and is now getting more than repetitive? Maybe it's time to move on.

@Shanus  Well there are still a few items of interest going on. LIke your responding to my posts --- again.  And the fact that some of my posts seem to be "news" to you, which is indeed surprising to me.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

It's not the newness factor--or lack of. 

What is sad is that you will have people deliberately create ids just so they can stir up the hornest nest and leave. Some of them had been banned and forced to create new identities. And some people have lost the old ID because of Q's web site glitches. (I had forgotten about those.)

Unfortunately, people have no way of knowing if you're naughty or nice.  They should reserve judgement, but it is what it is. It's not having a real conversation face-to-face.

If you're not around enough, you also wouldn't know that certain topics may have a "history." Perhaps people lack patience?  There are some lovely people who hang out here and you'll find them.

At the end of the day, it's probably better not to take some of this stuff too seriously.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus  Well there are still a few items of interest going on. LIke your responding to my posts --- again.  And the fact that some of my posts seem to be "news" to you, which is indeed surprising to me.  Smiley Happy

....and your responses to mine, as well.