Honored Contributor

Re: What is the problem with new posters?

[ Edited ]

LOL.

Just sayin'.

Happy Tuesday, y'all 😎💁🏻

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Regular Contributor

I have been shopping at QVC for over 20 years and I don't post very much. I am at work all day and the last thing I want to do at night is be online.
It is what it is!!!
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

LOL.

Just sayin'.

Happy Tuesday, y'all 😎💁🏻

LOL @Moonchilde

will it be rude of me to point out that it is actually WEDNESDAY? Smiley Tongue

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

LOL.

Just sayin'.

Happy Tuesday, y'all 😎💁🏻

LOL @Moonchilde

LOL @sunshine45

No, I'm a good sport ;-) Roll on, weekend - I'm a day closer than I thought! Retirement, and not needing to write the date/day daily will do that to ya.

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

I must say, in a thread about new posters and people who post infrequently, it's amusing to see a snit play out between a legacy poster with over 18,000 posts and one approaching the 5K mark.

I find it telling that no one's posted links to any threads in which the transgressions cited are taking place or give substantive examples, which could be done without triggering the "calling another poster out" infringement. So it's just subjective impressions, ruminations, straw man stuff.

In the grand scheme of things, this is really nonconsequential. The moderators here run a pretty clean ship, even if they let wholesale copyright infringement slide, and seem to take care of most real issues.

@noodleann, there would be no point in posting links or mentioning specifics - they would be deleted immediately. They would be a clear and obvious violation of forum rules on several counts.

Anyone who has been on these forums awhile knows who "those" posters are - the ones who feel they have the freedom to take all grudges from any thread to any thread, who make random pot-shot insults against a poster having nothing to do with a topic, all the while claiming that it's they who are picked on and abused. It's like slapping someone and then whining and wailing that the person they hit's face broke their hand - bad, bad person. Seriously? Well, they try.

There are some posters who, while decrying being treated badly out of one side of their mouth, are whispering "gimme, gimme" to the crowd, hoping for more abuse to "prove their point."

With most posters, those who one person has issues with, another doesn't. Or a group of posters don't get along with another group, but the groups always vary. But with some posters, everyone has the same reaction.

I've been on these forums a while at this point now, and I don't "know" who "those" posters are. Nor do I see "everyone" have the same reaction to certain posters.

But maybe that's because I'm not reading to fulfill a hypothesis. Even people who are tiresome and post things that are often lead to oppositional responses also post valuable and helpful content. 

Maybe it's because I've had experience with a lot of people with mental illness and personality disorders and see how it clouds their vision and perspective. If you had any idea of how miserable life can be for them, locked in their dysphoric worlds, you might cut them some slack or at least ignore tham.

Maybe it's because I've known a few people with what used to be called Asperger's syndrome and am good friends with a high-functioning autistic, and know that they often process the world in a different way than non-Aspies.

It's trying when one person seems to be the resident contrarian, but when I think about that person's career in what amounts to a domestic war zone, seeing life and death every day, year after year, I figure it would be amazing if she emerged from that experience with soft edges and much tenderness to spread around. JMO.

Hey--Happy Birthday, Moonchilde! I know this is your season, just don't know the day.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

LOL.

Just sayin'.

Happy Tuesday, y'all 😎💁🏻

@Moonchilde  It's Wednesday, y'all.Woman Tongue

Just sayin'.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

LOL.

Just sayin'.

Happy Tuesday, y'all 😎💁🏻

@Moonchilde  It's Wednesday, y'all.Woman Tongue

Just sayin'.

Awwww...so sorry to spoil your opportunity, but this has already been pointed out to me - humorously - and I've responded to the other poster in the spirit of fun.

😎

Honored Contributor

Hey, @noodleann,

I will say (and I've said it before on these forums) that I am not one who happily accepts communication styles that are fairly out of the norm for what passes for "usual" these days ;-)

My feeling is that while on a public forum one is judged by their ability to communicate effectively with the majority. I might guess someone has "issues" of various possible types, but unless I know they do (because they've said so), I don't give every poster an automatic pass when they post greatly outside the norm.

That sort of thing - possible Asperger's, possibly autistic, depressed, dyslexic, senility, wandering thought processes, on medication, etc - is not what I was speaking of in my post, however. I'm speaking of people who choose - who make a conscious decision - to daily pot-stir, pounce, badmouth, be aggressively rude, ask that multiple threads they started be poofed, etc. Those people, I cut no slack. 

Super Contributor

@sunshine45  -  Wish I could give you more than one heart!

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

LOL.

Just sayin'.

Happy Tuesday, y'all 😎💁🏻

LOL @Moonchilde

Honored Contributor

@Lesa,  cute graphic. Smiley Happy