Super Contributor

Not Happy with My HSN CIJ Order

I hardly order anything from HSN, except for their Huggable Hangers, & the Origami shelves; but I love holiday decorations ( not that I need anything more ), & I took a chance & ordered these items below ...

546-067     Winter Lane set of 3 Apothecary Jars..

544-834    Musical Snow Globe

I would kindly appreciate, if anyone also ordered these items, to please give me your thoughts... I'm definitely returning the jars.. OMG, the lids do not sit properly, & the bottom piece is soooo irregular on the rim.... I ordered the gold, very pretty, but cheap workmanship.. 

As far as the globe; I ordered the Nativity Scene, just beautiful; but the sides ( which they never stated in the presentation ) is acrylic...Ugh!!!! ... Looks like the water wants to purge out.. The hosts never, ever described the item in detail; just turning the lights on & off, along with the music.. They never described the outside color & material of the lantern; they were just doing blah, blah.. I just want to know if anyone has the same concerns regarding the globe..... Much thanks!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Not Happy with My HSN CIJ Order

@classic

Sorry you were disappointed. I have tried to watch CIJ on HSN, but the stuff looks so junkie to me. I just can't get into it. When they focus in on items, I always see the lack of quality. 

I was watching this year, looking for something to buy. I liked the apothecary jars, but was afraid they wouldn't be good. 

Honored Contributor

If you watch the video for the jars, you can see how ill-fitting the lids are.  When they pick one up and replace it, it doesn't sit well on the jar.  For the price, they look cheap. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@classic

Sorry you were disappointed. I have tried to watch CIJ on HSN, but the stuff looks so junkie to me. I just can't get into it. When they focus in on items, I always see the lack of quality. 

I was watching this year, looking for something to buy. I liked the apothecary jars, but was afraid they wouldn't be good. 

You were so smart in not ordering them... The quality is not there... The concept was really nice.. I figured I would have three gifts; because I wanted to put  a string of micro lites in each jar.. I totally feel the same way you do about HSN.. Thanks 

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry you weren't happy with your orders.  I haven't ordered very much from HSN either, although I do like the Huggable Hangers and have several sets.  If you read the description  of the snow globe it does say it's acrylic.  I always try to read carefully before I order, although I know sometimes it's easy to miss things.

Material Composition:Acrylic, oil, water, LED and resin

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Kachina624:

i didnt notice that on the presentation i watched... Like I said initially, since I hardly order from them, I took a chance & I lost.. Now I have to waste time in returning them... 

Super Contributor

Kachina624 

This time I dropped the ball & didn't pay attention to the description.. The globe is just beautiful, I just wish the cheap acrylic was glass instead.. The timer so far works, but I'm on the fence still if I should return it

Honored Contributor

@classic wrote:

I hardly order anything from HSN, except for their Huggable Hangers, & the Origami shelves; but I love holiday decorations ( not that I need anything more ), & I took a chance & ordered these items below ...

546-067     Winter Lane set of 3 Apothecary Jars..

544-834    Musical Snow Globe

I would kindly appreciate, if anyone also ordered these items, to please give me your thoughts... I'm definitely returning the jars.. OMG, the lids do not sit properly, & the bottom piece is soooo irregular on the rim.... I ordered the gold, very pretty, but cheap workmanship.. 

As far as the globe; I ordered the Nativity Scene, just beautiful; but the sides ( which they never stated in the presentation ) is acrylic...Ugh!!!! ... Looks like the water wants to purge out.. The hosts never, ever described the item in detail; just turning the lights on & off, along with the music.. They never described the outside color & material of the lantern; they were just doing blah, blah.. I just want to know if anyone has the same concerns regarding the globe..... Much thanks!! 

@classic

Does HSN absorb shipping costs for defective items?       

Honored Contributor

@classic  I am so sorry your CIJ order was a bust! : (   It stinks when it happens.

I admit that I read ALL the negative views on HSN for a product (if there are any) and very quickly you see the issue with products as the same problem pops up over and over. I remember you posting about that Lantern and went over to look at them. Had one in my cart and then went back to read the reviews.....took it out of my cart and never looked back. : (

If it's beautiful and it looks great where you want to place it, then keep it. No one else is going to care about it not being glass. : )

Super Contributor

TINKRBL44:

Oh! I'm definitely calling them tomorrow & letting them know that I'm not paying for return shipping.. They look like they came from the dollar store.