Valued Contributor

Re: What do you do with your costume jewelry, etc., that you no longer wear?

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Linda0215 wrote:

I like the idea of a garage sale.  I did that once and a woman came and bought the whole lot. She was a jewelry maker and she was going to disassemble everything to make new jewelry. She was thrilled to get it and I was thrilled to let it go. I know you probably paid a lot for it over the years, but you have to think of depreciation and it's used, etc.  I was happy that it brought her so much joy, plus I got it out of the house and kept it out of the landfill. 

Also, if you have a little one around they'd be happy to have it. I gave a whole jewelry box to my four year old niece one time.  She was obsessed with jewelry then. She wore her necklaces each and every day and fought with her mom because she wanted to sleep with them too. She would pile on those necklaces like Coco Chanel at a runway show and was best dressed at daycare. 

@Linda0215Yup!!!  Little girls can appreciate it.  They can share with their friends in school too. 

@gertrudecloset , They're so cute and funny at that age. Love 'em!

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen lovely bridal boutiques made of many old pins; even have a friend( got married in an Irish castle) request pieces from friends and family to incorporate into her bouquet.

Valued Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I've seen lovely bridal boutiques made of many old pins; even have a friend( got married in an Irish castle) request pieces from friends and family to incorporate into her bouquet.

That sounds like a wonderful idea! It would truly be one of a kind.

New Contributor

My mother had all her old costume jewelry made into a Christmas tree on black velvet and it made such a pretty picture.  This something you could try also.