Honored Contributor

Re: What are the benefits of having a QVC Credit Card?

I use just one card for my Q purchases so I can easily keep up with it.

I don't use a Q Card because of the high interest rate. The card I do use has a much lower rate.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Research it. You will find there are NO benefits.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

On 9/26/2014 ssssgirl said:
On 9/25/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 9/25/2014 chickenbutt said:

IMO, there is only one benefit - you can keep all your QVC purchases straight by having all the charges in one place. If that makes life easier, then it's a benefit.

Obviously, the high interest makes it only sensical if one pays the entire balance each month. I only happen to have a Q Card because they sent me one, some 15 years ago when I used to purchase a lot, without even having my ss#. I use it for any QVC purchase so I will know quickly if I'm buying too much. I pay it off each month and it's never much at all.

Oh, and I also don't have to have any other method of payment on record here, so I don't have to worry about the instability of this website causing me to have a hack.

Not really true, it just limits the "hack" to purchasing from QVC. My account was hacked recently and the Q didn't challenge an outrageous order of 4 laptops and 2 watches to be delivered to an address different from the billing address added at the time of the order. Not a single red flag raised on the Q. Thankfully, I get e-mail notifications upon orders and woke up to a notice of my order which I promptly cancelled and notified the Q. I honestly don't believe anyone I spoke to at the Q was the least bit concerned about the situation other than closing the card.

Maybe they assumed you had ordered them to be sent somewhere else. They do have bill to ship to. I buy things for my mother in law ( a TV and computer) and have it shipped to her in Texas, I buy things for my daughter and grandkids (a TV and 3 tablets) and have them shipped to their address. JUST a thought.

That's a BIG assumption considering the order involved. My bank calls me when they see a large unusual purchase. I had a Q account and Q card for more years than I can remember, and NEVER EVER used bill to ship to, and NEVER EVER made such a large purchase. Red flags were all over the purchase, yet the Q ignored them. Someone else posted under the electronics forum at about the same time that they also found a very large fraudulent purchase on their Q account.

Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 kittyloo said:

the benefit is you are able to use easy pay. no interest if each payment is paid in full.

easy pay can be used on any CC. on QVC.

Respected Contributor

Disadvantage of a Q card is that it is automatically linked to your Q account and with the apparent lack of site security that's a recipe for what happened to me. As there are really no financial benefits to the card, having the itemized purchase doesn't make the risk worthwhile IMHO.

Valued Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

Disadvantage of a Q card is that it is automatically linked to your Q account and with the apparent lack of site security that's a recipe for what happened to me. As there are really no financial benefits to the card, having the itemized purchase doesn't make the risk worthwhile IMHO.

I agree, your order history itemizes your purchases anyway, so anyone should be able to keep track. And these days, that is what you have to do with ANY card you use
Valued Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

I agree, your order history itemizes your purchases anyway, so anyone should be able to keep track. And these days, that is what you have to do with ANY card you use
Regular Contributor

I can't believe they don't offer a high incentive reward point system! Points for merchandise/QVC gift cards etc., would be way cost effective, for their behalf, in comparison to the cards that offer cash and "partner" gift cards! I guess NOT giving rewards, is an option too, lol. But from reading this thread, it isn't working well for them! However, if they are not receiving the interest anyway, they don't care and are missing out on a pretty good stream of income!
Regular Contributor

One more thing, it's even stranger to think that you receive 5% additional cash back when you shop through the card issuing websites (ie. discover, chase, citi). Technically you may pay interest on those purchases, if they don't offer Easy Pay, and the Q doesn't capitalize on that, in some way either!