Honored Contributor

What Is Wrong With People Vol 2

...or 3, or 2500.

Just two instances in my general area:

1) Someone poured gasoline over a man’s beehives and destroyed all the hives and more than 200,000 bees.  Just cuz they like to vandalize.  The man has three kids and is expecting another. It’s his livelihood.

2) A man drove deliberately through and over a flock of wild turkeys, killing most of them. People want him prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

it’s not quite drowning puppies, but IMO then again, it is. Totally disgusting.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Wrong With People Vol 2

@Moonchilde wrote:

...or 3, or 2500.

Just two instances in my general area:

1) Someone poured gasoline over a man’s beehives and destroyed all the hives and more than 200,000 bees.  Just cuz they like to vandalize.  The man has three kids and is expecting another. It’s his livelihood.

2) A man drove deliberately through and over a flock of wild turkeys, killing most of them. People want him prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

it’s not quite drowning puppies, but IMO then again, it is. Totally disgusting.

People can attach whatever kind of mental illness they want to hurting animals but it is plain evil.

It shouldn't be tolerated, and I really have no desire to 'fix' them. They should get what the give.

Many people might not consider bees and turkeys to be like others in the animal kingdom and pets, but short of humane hunting/butchering for eating, I don't have any tolerance for people who hurt animals for sport or some kind of sick satisfaction.

Trusted Contributor

Sick....just disgusting... I wish I knew what is wrong with people, but I like to think for every piece of filth, there are several really awesome people that do wonderful things for animals and humanity everyday...and then there’s KARMA, I hear she really can be a *itch!!

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Super Contributor

Terrible. Bees are so important to our ecosystem. It's far more than just vandalism. And what will that family do now.  Awful. 

Honored Contributor

This post may be seen as negative by some,posting bad behavior! I think it was just mean,and cold they did that.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Lock 'em up. The laws are too lenient and these sickos know it. There is a guy in the midwest who has been in jail 8 times for molesting horses and now he out again and people are terrified. They are sleeping in their barns with their horses. 

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde  The turkey incident happened on my daughter's street where they live in Ben Lomond area.  She actually feeds the wild turkeys they come early a.m. and tea time.  The neighbors were very upset at this awful just killing of these harmless birds and held a vigil and insisted it be investigated.  She told me today they are questioning two people driving the white van.  

One if if the policeman investigating said harming animals comes first, next step people.

Honored Contributor

@Beansey wrote:

Terrible. Bees are so important to our ecosystem. It's far more than just vandalism. And what will that family do now.  Awful. 

@Beansey, a GoFundMe page has been started for the beekeeper.  I never give to GFM things, but I did donate.  They estimate he has lost $70,000.

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Lock 'em up. The laws are too lenient and these sickos know it. There is a guy in the midwest who has been in jail 8 times for molesting horses and now he out again and people are terrified. They are sleeping in their barns with their horses. 

He needs a horse to give him 1 good swift kick-that'll learn 'im.

Animal cruelty is beyond anything other than severe punishment. It's no different (for me) than child abuse. It hurts my heart and soul.

Honored Contributor

I didn’t hear exactly where it was @dulwich, but I knew it was somewhere in the SC Mtns.  I know, the neighbors were highly PO’d, emailing and calling the police and the DA’s office to prosecute to the fullest extent. I hope they find definitive evidence that can pin it on someone. People say they think they know, but that’s not enough in court. Of course, if “things” should start happening to that person.... The neighbors can make them want to move, I’d think.

And yes agreeing with others, this stuff should all be felonies punishable by jail time and big $$ fines.