Respected Contributor

Re: What Don't You Watch On Television?

@Spurt wrote:

@Imadickens wrote:

@Spurt. I wondered what ME stood for! I also love that I can now watch shows they didn't interest me as a child, like Lone Ranger!

@Imadickens

Check out their website they have a lot of info on their schedules, shows, and fun quizzes too.....

http://www.metv.com/

Those early westerns---  Wagon Train, Raw Hide, The Rebel have real good storylines---very well written..... I watch them Saturday morning sometimes while I'm doing housework!

Thanks! I will log on! As a little girl of the fifties I never would have watched any westerns or cowboy shows! Now I really enjoy them! I was sad one of the channels (don't remember which) took Father Knows Best off! I liked that line up better! I'd also like more shows like Make Room For Daddy and My Little Margie! There was a show about a secretary...

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

I think Moonchilde hit the nail on the head. Classics! The old shows that they are rerunning are classic. Most of what I watch will probably be rerun years from now. I can't stand the "raw sewage" , as one post put it! I wouldn't put it in my body 😳, so why pollute my mind! I like shows that teach me things or are about current issues. Once in a while, I do like some "fluff" to give my mind a break! Love my DVR!🤗

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

I have very little interest in what is in TV.  I dislike most of it.  I'll leave it at that so I don't bore everyone with an extremely long list. 

Super Contributor

news, nothing depressing, no bimbos. 

Esteemed Contributor

When we first got directv, our satellite radio stations were Sirius.  I loved their variety and quality.  Now, we have something called "Sonic" , I like it but not so much as what Sirius offers or what my family gets with Comcast. This is what I usually have on tv..

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

I'm also happy directv gives us the ability to block channels.  I have my channel selections under my name and when the girls were young, I did the same for them.

I block sports, some home shopping channels, TLC, Sci-fi, and the list goes on and on.

@MyGirlsMom

Why would you need to block channels?  If you don't want to watch any given channel, then just don't watch it.

Valued Contributor

@MyGirlsMom: Sirius radio comes with DirectTV?? If that's the case, I may have to rethink my cable provider. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

@MyGirlsMom: Sirius radio comes with DirectTV?? If that's the case, I may have to rethink my cable provider. 

Hi @sallybusky, no, they used to, once upon a time, now it's Sonic.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Tinkrbl44,

I guess you could say, it's 'complicated.' LOL

I have my own channel line up of what I like to see, so essentially, they're blocked.  

BUT

There are certain channels I never want to 'land on' s as I won't be counted as a viewer and the channel profits from it.

Honored Contributor

Hard to say what I don't ever watch on television.   As much as I find myself disliking certain shows, when people are discussing them if I want to join in (or just understand the conversations, even if I don't participate) I feel that if I haven't watched it I can't begin to comprehend all the opinions.   Plus, if I haven't seen it my opinion won't be an informed one.    (One of my sisters, when were were kids, was famous for saying "I haven't tried it but I don't like it!")    So I have a tendency to at least "sample" lots of programs.    Interesting thread, @MyGirlsMom!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova