Honored Contributor

Re: What Don't You Watch On Television?

The list is way too long.

Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@Spurt Twilight Zone had many episodes that were either morality tales or used irony. So many great episodes that still have meaning today.

@Moonchilde Tales from the Crypt had a lot more horror than sci fi in it and used to show in our area on Fridays or Saturdays around 11 or 11:30PM on what used to be WNEW TV. 

Zacherly used to have a radio program in CBS -FM on I believe Sundays. Some of the stuff he played music wise was really off the wall.

I did like Friday the 13th -- a Canadian horror program that was on WNEW TV -- it had nothing to do with Jason, it was about cousins who had to get all the enchanted from the devil antiques back that had been sold to people.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Spurt Twilight Zone had many episodes that were either morality tales or used irony. So many great episodes that still have meaning today.

@Moonchilde Tales from the Crypt had a lot more horror than sci fi in it and used to show in our area on Fridays or Saturdays around 11 or 11:30PM on what used to be WNEW TV. 

Zacherly used to have a radio program in CBS -FM on I believe Sundays. Some of the stuff he played music wise was really off the wall.

I did like Friday the 13th -- a Canadian horror program that was on WNEW TV -- it had nothing to do with Jason, it was about cousins who had to get all the enchanted from the devil antiques back that had been sold to people.

@JustJazzmom  The Twilight Zone episodes gave you something to really think about and seemed to touch the audidence's very soul......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Talk shows like The View, anything Housewives, the Kardashians, any shows where they do makeovers of people, anything political if I can possibly avoid it (my DH listens to Morning Joe and we live in a camper for the summer so I have no choice there) plus politics are all over the news all the time now. I only watch HGTV when I can't find anything else to watch. I find myself tending to spend my tv time watching reruns of shows like Andy Griffith and I love Lucy and Bonanza.

Respected Contributor

It would be easier to say what I do watch.  

Valued Contributor

Kardashians and any Real Housewives!

Honored Contributor

What don't I watch?     Most of it.

I do try to give the new shows a chance each fall, but for most of them I can't help but wonder who the heck is their target market!      Developmentally retarded teen boys?

Boy, do I miss Downton Abbey!    sigh 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm also happy directv gives us the ability to block channels.  I have my channel selections under my name and when the girls were young, I did the same for them.

I block sports, some home shopping channels, TLC, Sci-fi, and the list goes on and on.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom, I watched a little of Friday 13th when it was on, but never got into being a regular watcher.

IMO Twilight Zone is classic, and I always enjoy the periodic marathons. Still the best for what it was. Sci-fi and spooky in the makes-you-think way.

LOL someone posted a link to the action figures - I had one of the ugly nurse from Eye of the Beholder, she was even jointed & posable! She went bye-bye in my move 😟

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I watch no network tv, now that I think of it.  Only if a sports event is on.

I don't watch any network news or talk shows.  I have almost stopped watching cable news.

I watch "Botched, First 48, and Keeping Up With the Kardashians" as the only "reality" shows.  I think "First 48" is the only credible "reality" show.

I watch NOTHING during the day.  At night, I pretty much stick to Investigation Discovery channel.

Once in awhile, I come across a movie.

Hyacinth