Esteemed Contributor

Re: What A Sweetheart My Neighbor Is.

@CrazyKittyLvr2

I admire your restraint, only calling him a knucklehead is so miled next to what I would call him. 

@Shepherd  no need to be so rude   

Valued Contributor

Retired legal secretary you may have posted but i wondered how your daughters cake turned.  Sounded delicious 

Esteemed Contributor

@Terrywu   Well,  my oven went wonky, and it did not cook all the way through. Poor DD, the very top looked great but when she put a toothpick in it was wet.  She said a few choice words.  lol

The very top inch and probably a 1/2 inch around the whole cake was done.  The rest was half cooked.

The very edge was wonderful.  I have to get a new stove, it's 14 yrs. old and I'm not fixing this one.

We will do the cake again.

Valued Contributor

Better luck next time.🎄🎂

Valued Contributor

Awwh, I just love hearing stories like that. I wish everyone would do that for their neighbors once in a while. Its super thoughtful! 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

Ours keeps sending gifts whenever my DH brings in her mail. He's to the point of not wanting to tell me there's another present under the tree! Yes, we give her gifts, but only three small ones this year.

Esteemed Contributor

Update, DD just went out and got the food.  There were also 2 slices of an apple pie she made.  Let's jusr say we have enough food for supper tonight and lunch tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

Well...think of it as a Family size Lava Cake...

Respected Contributor

What a very kind and generous neighbor.  

Esteemed Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ   After the 40 minutes at 350 and it was still not cooked she put itin for 10 more minutes.  It was weird, the toothpick came out clean in one spot and 1/2 inch away it was just  batter.

I told her to cover the top and jack the temp to 375 for 10 minutes.  Very tip top layer and perimeter was cooked rest was not.

It looked great.............until you tried to cut it.  Batter does not cut well.  lol