Esteemed Contributor

I just tracked a package on USPS and this message popped up:  

ALERT: USPS IS EXPERIENCING UNPRECEDENTED VOLUME INCREASES AND LIMITED EMPLOYEE AVAILABILITY DUE TO THE IMPACTS OF COVID-19. WE APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND REMAIN COMMITTED TO DELIVERING THE HOLIDAYS TO YOU.

Honored Contributor

Beware? Of what?

I believe this statement to be true.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

Not just USPS but Fed Ex is a mess as well. We just canceled 3 food orders and our Christmas frozen meat order arrived thawed and warm via an overnight delivery from NJ (they refunded our CC).

The other orders were all gifts and all said they had shipped on the 10th. Come to find they had made the shipping label but had NOT been picked up yet. I spent 3 hours talking to the different vendors (due to hold time) and all of them said the order would be there on the 24th. But wait! These are FROZEN or FRESH items that I paid for OVERNIGHT delivery. How can they be "in transit" and be there 7 days from now and STILL be frozen/fresh?!

CC credited immediately (eyeroll).  We're doing Christmas AFTER Christmas. So much easier this year. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

This is the first year in my life ,i am not buying presents,except for my dog ,i am sooo glad.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

No one should be surprised by this, IMO.

We've ALL known since early this year that online ordering and shipping was the only way to get what we want or need during this pandemic.

Is anyone really surprised that shipping is a problem during this time?

I find that hard to believe......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I think most people have known this since October.  

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

No one should be surprised by this, IMO.

We've ALL known since early this year that online ordering and shipping was the only way to get what we want or need during this pandemic.

Is anyone really surprised that shipping is a problem during this time?

I find that hard to believe......

Not to mention all the OTHER threads on this very same topic in the forums.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

This is the first year in my life ,i am not buying presents,except for my dog ,i am sooo glad.

@goldensrbest 

😂

I didn't even buy any for my dog this year!  She gets way too many during the year!

Honored Contributor

I think we are ALL aware of this obvious situation, and if you're not by now then you've got to be, well, hiding under a rock.  

You make it sound like a warning -- so scary "BEWARE."  

Respected Contributor

It's always a shipping mess close to Christmas, and this year they are working with less staff and a much larger than usual volume of shipped items.  It's just the way it has unfolded this year.

My children told me they both shipped packages to me yesterday,  I don't expect them to get here til after Christmas.  If they get here before, it will just be an extra surprise!  Doesn't matter either way....I am just grateful my kids and their families are ok, and they will safely celebrate in their own homes.