Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe Thanks for the post. Heart

So far I have had excellent shipping/handling from QVC. The only thing hung up for me is something I purchased thru eBay that I could not get on QVC. I keep getting a "delay" message from them and it hasn't moved since the 15th, Not anything I have to have at this time. As long as I get it sometime, I am fine with the delay and understand the problems shippers are having these days.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee 

I know, right?

The gifts are not what's important is it, it's that your family and you are safe and healthy!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I sent many gifts this holiday season and it has been very stressful wondering if the recipient will receive them. I really prefer an in person holiday but with the pandemic it will not be taking place.

Amazon has been wonderful but Talbots awful. Tiffany's use Fed Ex and email when it is delivered. Nordstrom is excellent too. Cole Haan sent a handbag and wallet with no box or tissue and UPS have been claiming packages were delivered that never got here. 

All in all, I look forward to going shopping in person again. I don't have much interest in ordering on-line unless forced to...

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@alicedee 

I know, right?

The gifts are not what's important is it, it's that your family and you are safe and healthy!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!Heart

Thank you, @KingstonsMom .  Wishing a most happy Christmas to you, as well.  🎄❤️

Trusted Contributor

To be honest, no, I did not think it was going to be an issue with food orders because I spoke with each vendor at length before ordering. I paid a HEFTY price (nothing was free) for overnight. Now, believe it or not, I've received packages on time with no issue from multiple companies for the past few weeks; still are. But when you order food items, the vendor states they WILL have it there overnight, it's frozen, they are selling it that way and they tell you that there are NO ISSUES, well....yeah, I'm going to believe them because otherwise, they're going to refunding a LOT of people a LOT of money and what company wants that bad reputation? 

My issue is with any company that states something has shipped when ALL they've done is create a label. That's not shipping something, that's creating a sticker. If that's their way of getting around stating they'll "ship" on time, shame on them and they just lost a customer. In any event, those were the only items that have been a mess. Everything else has shipped without issue and on time so I consider myself very fortunate. Smiley Happy

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Trusted Contributor

With the sheer volume of people ordering stuff they would normally go out and purchase then add the holiday shipping, do we really need a "beware" warning?  lol.  This started back when people first started sheltering in place and as more and more people started ordering their normal stuff, shipping has become overwhelmed.  I'm not sure how anyone expected them to stay on top of everything.  It's normally crazy during holiday times to begin with.  The only person I'm sending anything to is my son.  He finally is getting to come back from deployment in January to his home base in Washington state.  I"m not concerned when it gets there.  He will be be happy to just get it. 

Honored Contributor

All my purchases are in and all the ones I sent out have been received.  Standing in a line at a store back in July made me realize how quickly I was going to get it all done this year.  But I bet they are more exhausted this year than any other with extra online ordering.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I can't imagine anybody would still be sending christmas stuff at this point.  Even in previous years it w/b too late for the most part.

I'm glad I don't do any of that anymore, but I am a bit concerned about my Amazon AD for the month.  At least I don't need any of what they're sending right away.  Usually my 'date' for AD is the 24th but they changed this one to the 28th.

I think I may have messed up, however, with getting the card to send my father today and just mailing it.   Under normal circumstances of late it takes about a week so who knows when he'll get it.

Honored Contributor

i get that message every single day at the top of my "informed delivery" email from USPS. i also see it every time i check my order status on qvc.com.

we were warned months ago because it was already happening earlier in the  year.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@BalletBabe Thanks for the post. Heart

So far I have had excellent shipping/handling from QVC. The only thing hung up for me is something I purchased thru eBay that I could not get on QVC. I keep getting a "delay" message from them and it hasn't moved since the 15th, Not anything I have to have at this time. As long as I get it sometime, I am fine with the delay and understand the problems shippers are having these days.

@World Traveler   I have only had issues with Russell Stover, but that was not QVC's fault.  I know that with them promising delivery by Christmas might not happen.  I was just warning them  LOL.  On another note, I bet everyone wishes they could travel around their yard and have as much fun as me.  LOLOLOL