Respected Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Exec Taken to Task

Yes by all means blame those making the least amount of money who were thrown under the bus by the People who held their jobs in their greedy hands and got off Scot free with millions.
Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Ethics?

I worked for a very large national Bank & every associate was required to take Ethics Training.   No pity for associates who knowingly steal from their employer.  

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

The bank stole from their customers. Identity fraud!!!

What's more this was a bank that was at the root of the crisis in 2008. They hurt and played several million people then and are back at it again. The SEC, Justice and the FBI are on notice.

Lock him up. And he isn't the only one. More execs should be charged.

And God Bless Elizabeth Warren!

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Ethics?

I worked for a very large national Bank & every associate was required to take Ethics Training.   No pity for associates who knowingly steal from their employer.  

It's my understanding that the scam was the making of the employer, not the workers !!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@silver fox wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Ethics?

It's my understanding that the scam was the making of the employer, not the workers !!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct.

Wells Fargo benefited from the dishonesty.

I don't think sidsmom is up to date on the story.

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

The sacked employees made $30,00-60,000 a year and $2,000 -5,000 every few months in bonuses. Managers made $10,000-20,000 a year in bonuses.

Stumpf made $19+million in 2015.
Trusted Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@ZoetheCat wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@momtochloe I agree!! And, shame on those employees who readily violated their own personal integrity to do those things, too. They are equally guilty.

@Goldengate8361 I totally get and agree with what you are saying but these are probably young people that haven't had the proper guidance in ethics as the bottom line has become more important.  Customer service and being proud of your work has kind of fallen by the wayside unfortunately (and please know I am not telling young people to get off my lawn but they should also know that whatever you are doing to someone a derivative of that person will most definitely do the same to you).  

I truly do not want to be disagreeable, but do you honestly believe that these employees had a choice?  It seems to me that in corporate America, lower level employees are forced to do things just to keep a job.  I don't defend their actions, but I also get that people who need a job will do what it takes to keep that job.  I am really tired of the people at the top getting away with this behavior with their golden parachutes while the worker bees are left out to dry.  Enough already.

Oh I am sorry @ZoetheCat that I didn't make this clearer as yes I totally agree with what you said.  These are young people that are following the examples of their managers/superiors and lost their jobs in the process after following the examples of those that are enjoying major bonuses.

This whole thing makes me sadder than I can say.

They didn't follow the examples of their managers/superiors, they were TOLD by their managers/superiors to do it or they would loose their jobs. Big difference !!  This was a sceam that came from the top to make more money for themselves on their stock holdings.  

Honored Contributor

Like I've said numerous times upthread, if you

break your Code of Ethics, you need to be terminated.

Period.

Part-Time Teller.  Fired.

Managers.  Fired.

Middle Managment.  Fired.

Senior Management.  Fired.

Executive Management.  Fired.

President/CEO. Fired.

No one is getting away 'scott free'.

I've seen MANY associates, at ALL levels, terminated 

for breaking the Code of Ethics.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Really thought that the company should have been ordered to immediately dissolve.

But money, influence, and connections often deflect harsh punishment.

Super Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:
Yes by all means blame those making the least amount of money who were thrown under the bus by the People who held their jobs in their greedy hands and got off Scot free with millions.

Precisely.  I will never, never understand those who will discard every day workers and allow those in charge to get away with this nonsense.  Obviously, not all bosses do this. There are many, many examples of corporations who do the right thing.  But when they don't, why are so may of us inclined to let them get away with it?  I have read many articles that suggest that the majority of Americans are just a paycheck away from disaster.  And yet, it seems to me that so many of these people are more than happy to let our fellow struggling Americans slide under the bus.  It pains me to say that I think that many of us who are somewhat "comfortable" are willing to think that those "others" who are less well off than we are get what they deserve.  They are somehow part of the problem.  Well, I may be part of the "comfortable" class, but I can well identify with those who aren't so comfortable.  I get that life is tough and we sometimes have to do things we aren't so comfortable doing, especially when the boss is encouraging us to do so. Ultimately, I think it comes back to putting ourselves in someone else'e shoes.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

Like I've said numerous times upthread, if you

break your Code of Ethics, you need to be terminated.

Period.

Part-Time Teller.  Fired.

Managers.  Fired.

Middle Managment.  Fired.

Senior Management.  Fired.

Executive Management.  Fired.

President/CEO. Fired.

No one is getting away 'scott free'.

I've seen MANY associates, at ALL levels, terminated 

for breaking the Code of Ethics.

@sidsmom

The gentlemen in the Senate hearing got away scott free, he still has his job after profiting from the system he helped install.  It was his desire that every Wells Fargo customer have eight accounts because eight rhymed with great.  His stock options rose $30.00 while under his leadership, making him a multi millionaire just off of the fake accounts he pushed.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow