Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Exec Taken to Task

[ Edited ]

I saw that show of the congressional "court" with the Wells Fargo guy.  I really enjoyed watching his face and body language change as the time went on.  He really got very uncomfortable but stayed fairly stoic.  I hope he gets fired or resigns, but doubt it will happen.  The woman who was a big part of the fraud should also have to return her huge retirement package!!  Both should return the funds they accumulated during the fraud episode!

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

Really, the "shame" should be on the customers who failed to notice that there were new accounts or new features that they never asked for.  We don't need Congress sticking it's nose in this tent.  These are privately owned and operated banking firms.  We need aggressive consumers who'll watch their accounts and bills and vote with their feet when something like this happens. 

Stockholder owned companies ARE public corporations.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

That's not what I meant.  Sorry if I wasn't clear.  Even though they are "public corporations", the federal government should have very limited, if any, control over what they do.  Stockholders can act, if they choose to do so.  This was a consumer issue.  Consumers have the ultimate control.  Consumers have the option of voter with their feet if they don't like how the business does business.  If there was a federal crime, then the company should be prosecuted.  The congressional hearings are merely political grandstanding, feel-good operations for politicians who are trying to improve their liberal bona fides.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was almost one of those customers! I didn't get my new ATM card in the mail so I called and was told I had to come in the bank to get it. When I showed up the woman started to open a different account for me....what????? I stopped her and asked what the heck she was doing and got a bunch of blab so I got mad and went to the head teller and asked what the problem was. More blah blah (no problem with my 20 year old account!). I knew something fishey was up and demanded JUST a new card on my OLD account. Got it and thought that was that and now I read all this garbage and I'm thinking I better change banks (and see if that woman opened a secret account for me that I don't know anything about) Crooks everywhere! Even our banks aren't safe.

Honored Contributor

I am so tired of "the public" getting blamed for all the dirty tricks the fat cats come up with. Do I believe that "we" can be like sheep and follow the leader---yes, that is true, but most times the citizens are totally in the dark and would have no idea or inclination of how to come up with this hocus pocus. What I want to know, is why we, of the middle class, who paid our bills on time, who managed by the skin of our teeth, to keep our houses from going under water and still pay taxes, who somehow managed to NOT go get any assistance from the government like welfare and  such, are still being the ones who are keeping these a*s*s---holes in power and making up for their scams. I pay more out of my pocket for more "services" for other people, and I'm not allowed to use any of it ---because I make too much money---what a joke that is. So I enjoy the grilling these CEOS are getting. It should way more painful. They should be forced to wear some symbol on their  foreheads that says what jerks they are. GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Looks like he will have to step down as a representative for the

The Fed’s Federal Advisory Council, composed of 12 bank representatives, consults with and advises Fed Board of Governors; members customarily serve three one-year terms:

• Richard E. Holbrook, First District
  • James P. Gorman, Second District
  • Scott V. Fainor, Third District
  • Paul G. Greig, Fourth District
  • Kelly S. King, Fifth District
  • O.B. Grayson Hall, Jr., Sixth District
  • Frederick H. Waddell, Seventh District
  • Ronald J. Kruszewski, Eight District
  • Patrick J. Donovan, Ninth District
  • Jonathan M. Kemper, Tenth District
  • Ralph W. Babb, Jr., Eleventh District
  • John G. Stumpf, Twelfth District
  • Herb Taylor, Secretar

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-22/wells-ceo-resigns-fed-advisory-council-pressure-mounts

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

I was almost one of those customers! I didn't get my new ATM card in the mail so I called and was told I had to come in the bank to get it. When I showed up the woman started to open a different account for me....what????? I stopped her and asked what the heck she was doing and got a bunch of blab so I got mad and went to the head teller and asked what the problem was. More blah blah (no problem with my 20 year old account!). I knew something fishey was up and demanded JUST a new card on my OLD account. Got it and thought that was that and now I read all this garbage and I'm thinking I better change banks (and see if that woman opened a secret account for me that I don't know anything about) Crooks everywhere! Even our banks aren't safe.

@silkyk wow, that is just bad . . . terrible and proves the whole bank was in on it.  Good for you for sticking to your guns and rightfully demanding a new card on your current account!

I bank at a locally owned bank that has been in the area for over 50 years.  They have grown steadily and profitably but always were good sheppards over their account holders.  I used to take my mom to the bank and they used to put me through the wringer if she wanted to take out, move money and change any legal documents on file.  It could be frustrating for me but I was glad they were looking out for her.

I hope you are able to find a bank along these lines and again I am so glad you stood up for yourself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Looks like he will have to step down as a representative for the

The Fed’s Federal Advisory Council, composed of 12 bank representatives, consults with and advises Fed Board of Governors; members customarily serve three one-year terms:

• Richard E. Holbrook, First District
  • James P. Gorman, Second District
  • Scott V. Fainor, Third District
  • Paul G. Greig, Fourth District
  • Kelly S. King, Fifth District
  • O.B. Grayson Hall, Jr., Sixth District
  • Frederick H. Waddell, Seventh District
  • Ronald J. Kruszewski, Eight District
  • Patrick J. Donovan, Ninth District
  • Jonathan M. Kemper, Tenth District
  • Ralph W. Babb, Jr., Eleventh District
  • John G. Stumpf, Twelfth District
  • Herb Taylor, Secretar

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-22/wells-ceo-resigns-fed-advisory-council-pressure-mounts

I normally never, ever wish bad things on people but this does not break my heart.  It also wouldn't break my heart if this was the first in a series of reversals of fortune for him so he can just maybe understand how the other half lives.  Shoe on the other foot so to speak.

Honored Contributor

Glad to see him catching some hell, sick of all the crooks.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.