Honored Contributor

Wells Fargo Exec Taken to Task

Please know I am not looking to pick a fight here but I am so glad someone is finally yelling at these executives that oversee such horrendous behavior in order to pump up their stock price and have no shame in taking unbelievable bonuses in the process:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/20/investing/wells-fargo-elizabeth-warren-resign-criminal-investigation...

Shame on those that cause employees to create such distructive practices so they can achieve their bonuses and shame on those executives that don't question why their overall company financial health has suddenly become so much better. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Exec Taken to Task

@momtochloe I agree!! And, shame on those employees who readily violated their own personal integrity to do those things, too. They are equally guilty.

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree, and they seem to show no remorse for the behavior. 

Honored Contributor

Elizabeth Warren is a hero of mine, she is fearless.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@momtochloe I agree!! And, shame on those employees who readily violated their own personal integrity to do those things, too. They are equally guilty.

@Goldengate8361 I totally get and agree with what you are saying but these are probably young people that haven't had the proper guidance in ethics as the bottom line has become more important.  Customer service and being proud of your work has kind of fallen by the wayside unfortunately (and please know I am not telling young people to get off my lawn but they should also know that whatever you are doing to someone a derivative of that person will most definitely do the same to you).  

Super Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Elizabeth Warren is a hero of mine, she is fearless.

Elizabeth Warren is my senator and I totally agree.  She is fearless.  You cannot tell me that the employees involved here weren't following instructions from the people at the top.  And yet, once again, it's the lower level employees who are punished.  I do not defend what they did, but when one is terrified of losing a job they will do just about anyting.  Those at the top have little to lose.  Truly revolting ...

Respected Contributor

I'm no fan of Warren, but I agree that these executives shouldn't get hundreds of millions when they're shown the door because of poor performance.  Meanwhile, the workers just get the boot and get their health insurance canceled.  Of course, those employees who falsified accounts don't deserve anything, but this is a rare case.

Super Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@Goldengate8361 I totally get and agree with what you are saying but these are probably young people that haven't had the proper guidance in ethics as the bottom line has become more important.  Customer service and being proud of your work has kind of fallen by the wayside unfortunately (and please know I am not telling young people to get off my lawn but they should also know that whatever you are doing to someone a derivative of that person will most definitely do the same to you).  

I truly do not want to be disagreeable, but do you honestly believe that these employees had a choice?  It seems to me that in corporate America, lower level employees are forced to do things just to keep a job.  I don't defend their actions, but I also get that people who need a job will do what it takes to keep that job.  I am really tired of the people at the top getting away with this behavior with their golden parachutes while the worker bees are left out to dry.  Enough already.

Honored Contributor

This whole thing is disgusting.  If they don't pull back that ridiculous bonus from that executive I would never do business with them again:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/wells-fargo-considers-clawing-back-execs-dollar125-million-...

Please know she was probably following the lead of the CEO but both of them should be removed and no bonuses paid or golden parachutes deployed.

Esteemed Contributor

@ZoetheCat Yes, those employees absolutely had a choice and they knowingly made the unethical choice. They are accountable for their personal behavior, too. And, apparently, this was not rare. The need to have integrity isn't limited to those at the top: it's everyone's responsibility.