Esteemed Contributor

Re: Weird situation/Possible scam?

Maybe the owner feels safe having packages delivered to his vacant house because he knows the neighbor will keep an eye on them until he can pick them up.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

I think it's a dog ordering stuff from Chewy and having it sent to a "fake" address!!!

Respected Contributor

Maybe a drug drop off in disquise.

Honored Contributor

The owner is having packages sent to his/her extra house.  No problem.  We should all have an extra house. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I would just walk over and see whose name is on the box first and go from there....

You can also contact the neighborhood Police and let them know if it is a different name and no one is living there...

Honored Contributor

@conlt   You contacted the owner and now it's up to him to figure this out.

I get keeping an eye out for you and your neighbors, but some of these replies are off the wall.

If indeed these are drug drops, you can be assured that somebody is watching for that package.  Walking over there to check it out-you do the math.

Calling the police?  And say what?  "A package of dog treats keeps getting delivered to an empty house owned by a person who lives up the street and then the package disappears".  I'm sure they will run right over to investigate.   lmao

Whatever is going on, the owner was informed.  That ends your involvement.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, it is odd.  But why is the house vacant with the owner living nearby in a condo?  That's odd too.

I know someone who moved his family to a nearby condo while they got their house ready to sell.  He wanted to keep his kids in the same school, but away from the frenzy of selling, showing the house,, etc.

I'm sure there are other possible reasons too.  I don't think it's really that odd.

Occasional Contributor

I would notify the police. Non emergency as said before. Similar situation happened to a friend. It turned out to be a drug shipment from across the country. Knowing no one lived at the address it made a perfect place to send to. Unable to track the actual recipient.