Respected Contributor

My Burger King Impossible whopper experience

Has anyone heard about the new Burger King impossible whopper?  I heard that it's being tested only here in St. Louis (not sure if true or not)  It's a new plant based burger that supposed to taste like a real hamburger. So I bought one about a week ago and it was very very good and taste like a regular burger ! Awesome !  Now here's my story, they told me to complete the survey on the back of the receipt and I could bring the receipt back for a free impossible whopper. I completed the online survey, was given a automated number to fill in on the back of the receipt. I decided today that I would pick up my free burger. Got in line at the drive through, told the order taker what I was there for and found out I had to purchase a drink and regular side to get the free burger. That was fine. Got to the window to pay and then told the impossible whopper was not included. What a rip off I told the manager. She said well the receipt said a free whopper, chicken sandwhich and some other sandwhich. I told her the receipt just said a free whopper but did not exclude the impossible whopper, she said she understood my concern,offered me a discount on the impossible whopper, I said no, false advertisement and left. I called the main office in Florida to complain and they offered to send me a coupon for a discount on the burger. I declined, false advertising. IMO if they say free, it should be free. The coupon was for a dollar off the 5 dollar burger.  Would you have excepted the offer ? I don't feel they were acting in good faith, told by customer service that it was just a oversight and they understood my concern. I will probable buy another impossible whopper at some point but bad customer service for such a big company

Honored Contributor

Re: My Burger King Impossible whopper experience

[ Edited ]

Oh.

OK.

I thought this post was about the Impossible Burger product review.

Spoiler: it’s about bad service at a fast-food restaurant. 

Trusted Contributor

All that over a free burger?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It sounds like someone at the store - the one who said you'd get a coupon for a free impossible whopper - was misinformed.  He or she should have said it would be a coupon for a free regular whopper with purchase of a drink and side.  So I think your issue is with the store and its employee.  I'd discuss the problem with the store manager; if he's smart he'll make an accommodation.  If he doesn't, I wouldn't push it further.  I don't expect much from a fast food restaurant and you don't want to antagonize them.

Trusted Contributor

If they had said impossible, you would be right.

They made no such distinction.

You go by what they say.

The customer is not always right.

QVC Customer Care

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Has anyone heard about the new Burger King impossible whopper?  I heard that it's being tested only here in St. Louis (not sure if true or not)  It's a new plant based burger that supposed to taste like a real hamburger. So I bought one about a week ago and it was very very good and taste like a regular burger ! Awesome !  Now here's my story, they told me to complete the survey on the back of the receipt and I could bring the receipt back for a free impossible whopper. I completed the online survey, was given a automated number to fill in on the back of the receipt. I decided today that I would pick up my free burger. Got in line at the drive through, told the order taker what I was there for and found out I had to purchase a drink and regular side to get the free burger. That was fine. Got to the window to pay and then told the impossible whopper was not included. What a rip off I told the manager. She said well the receipt said a free whopper, chicken sandwhich and some other sandwhich. I told her the receipt just said a free whopper but did not exclude the impossible whopper, she said she understood my concern,offered me a discount on the impossible whopper, I said no, false advertisement and left. I called the main office in Florida to complain and they offered to send me a coupon for a discount on the burger. I declined, false advertising. IMO if they say free, it should be free. The coupon was for a dollar off the 5 dollar burger.  Would you have excepted the offer ? I don't feel they were acting in good faith, told by customer service that it was just a oversight and they understood my concern. I will probable buy another impossible whopper at some point but bad customer service for such a big company

Wow, that was a lot.  I probably would've also thought the impossible whopper was included.  However, once I received clarification that it wasn't, I would've either decided to continue with the purchase or drive off the way you did.  I would offer feedback on how it could be worded better and how misleading it was.  I'm not sure if I would go as far as calling the corporate office because as they say, I have bigger fish to fry or other battles to choose.  Sounds like we're talking about a $5.00 burger??  IMO and with everything I deal with in life and with allllll of the other food places to eat... Burger King of all places would not get that much of my energy.   

Respected Contributor

I was there yesterday & didn't notice an impossible whopper on the menu...is it the same price as a whopper? I always think it's wise to make the customer happy if it's a reasonable request. I never bother with the back of receipt offers, I always wonder what the catch is so I throw them away.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, they were really splurging offering you a whole dollar off a 5 dollar

sandwich.

Good thing I don't eat there.

Honored Contributor

very poorly thought out promotion.

1.the counter person may  have been misinformed about the free coupon on back of receipt.

2. most likely in the receipt filling out the survey in super fine print (you would need xray vision to read the fine print) it probably did say what freebie you be getting.

3. You have every right to boycott Burger King for this poorly thought out promotion.

Respected Contributor

sidsmom said she thought this was a product review:   I said the plant based burger was very good in my post. When it comes to your area and you like burgers give it a try because it is very good.

someone else said all this over a free burger. My post did not say the impossible burger was free