Honored Contributor

Re: Weird situation/Possible scam?

@GAQShopr53 The OP stated she does not have a phone number for the new owner.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@GAQShopr53 The OP stated she does not have a phone number for the new owner.

Yes but she stated she knew where he lived. According to her post she was able to send him a message via Facebook messenger.

Honored Contributor

Sounds more like his stuff is going to his old address. Or a former tenant if you said he had renters there.
Respected Contributor

Is it possible that it's easier to have the box delivered to the vacant house than then condo? 

My nephew lives in a condo that requires a key to access the lobby, so he has all packages delivered to his office. Perhaps something similar is going on here?

I think it's smart of the OP to contact the owner of the house rather than going right to law enforcement. Let the owner respond and go from there. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also think the owner migjht be having his packages go there instead of the condo. Maybe he don't want people to know he has a dog/other pet.

Respected Contributor

Could be but I kind of doubt it. He has owned this house since 2005 and I never knew him to have a pet. I also don't know exactly where he lives but I know he lives in town. Funny, he was never an animal lover. 

Honored Contributor

There are some people who have no mailing address. This might be a case where someone is using that house address in order to fulfill their orders. 

Esteemed Contributor

@conlt wrote:

The house next to me is vacant and the other day I noticed a Chewy.com box outside of the house. I thought it was quite odd, and if fact checked my Chewy account to see if they had delivered my box to the wrong address. No, I did not have any orders processed. 

Yesterday the package was gone, and today Fedex pulls up and delivers another Chewy.com box. I asked the driver if she was sure that the box was being delivered to the correct address  she said it was. 

The owner of that house has never owned a pet and he lives in a condo not far from here. I don't have his phone number. It is quite odd, what do you think? 

@conlt  ..... do you ever see lights on in the house? .... could it be squatters are living there illegally? ..... it is a very strange situation!!!!

Respected Contributor

He does have the electricity on. The last person who was there was here in March around the 10th and only stayed a couple of days. He had a RV and I think was here for Daytona bike week. I also saw the home owner at that time. The owner used to come by every few days and pick up his mail but I have not seen him lately. It is strange for me not to see him, especially on the weekends. He is around enough though if there were squatters there he would know it. Also, I have 3 dogs and am out with them during the evening up to about 11 at night. You would think I would know if someone was coming and going there. 

Respected Contributor

Is it possible to look at the box and see the name of the addressee? If not you can call the tax assessor's office and get the address of where the tax bill is being sent. This is public record. Then just drop your former neighbor a note and let let know boxes are being delivered at his property. This is not really a police matter. There is no evidence that a crime is being committed. I doubt that they would come if you called.