Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

JMO but most young people today are spoiled. They want everything right away. Instant gratification. Life isn’t like that.

That’s a sweeping broad stroke.

The ‘young people today’ are not the problem.

Their PARENT’S generation is the one responsible for these

’spoiled kids’ looking for instant gratification.

The kids are just doing what they were taught. 

@sidsmom, and your "Their PARENT’S generation is the one responsible for these ’spoiled kids’ looking for instant gratification" isn't a "sweeping broad stroke???

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I know many people are enthralled with anything Disney; wee certainly took our daugher there when she was a child. But personally, I can't fathom a honeymoon there.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

JMO but most young people today are spoiled. They want everything right away. Instant gratification. Life isn’t like that.

@sidsmom, and your "Their PARENT’S generation is the one responsible for these ’spoiled kids’ looking for instant gratification" isn't a "sweeping broad stroke???

Touché

I was just pointing out the obvious...unless, of course, they were hatched. 

Honored Contributor

LOL looks like i did a lot of "wrong things" thirty years ago.....i had a registry AND we went to disneyworld for our honeymoom.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Touché

I was just pointing out the obvious...unless, of course, they were hatched. 

Well, it's not obvious to me at all, @sidsmom . I don't take responsibility for my daughter success, and I don't blame others who children have wavered. Certainly, parenting plays a part, but it's only one part of the puzzle.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@panda1234 

Wowza, that seems like a lot for Disney, but I'm not a traveler, so what do I know.  

When we donated to the previous honeymoon to Disney, they requested specific amounts for specific activities.  We donated the airfare, which I think was $300 or so.  The young man was my husband's nephew.

The current instance doesn't mention what the honeymoon plans are, so I will just donate my $$ to their account.

Times change, so the way we gift for weddings has changed.  To repeat myself, I'd rather give something they want.

@Witchy Woman I totally agree, give them something they want. The reason it is so expensive is because they are going first class all the way, sleeping in Cinderella’s castle.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd probably include a check in a card and drop it off at the reception. I just have a big problem with couples who are working and asking for money to fund their honeymoon to an exotic location. If they have decent jobs, hopefully their parents aren't paying for the wedding and their friends aren't expected to pay for their honeymoon. Sorry, but I can't believe the expectations that this generation thinks is acceptable.

Honored Contributor

To answer your question, I guess send it now then you don’t have to worry about it. I don’t think there is any hard and fast rule. 

Respected Contributor

Wow, I have never known anyone who has done this! I would be so embarrassed to ask my guests for money like this!

Respected Contributor

EXACTLY! I find this to be very tacky!