Honored Contributor

Re: Watch Out Florida! Maria is Coming!

@Poodlepet2

I'm 30 mi north of Tampa and only thing was lots of fallen trees, flooding etc. and no power on 1/2 of our community (I was not affected).

When Charlie came my cousin had just bought her home in PG and it was leveled.  She rebuilt but most of the neighborhood didn't but she finally sold or should I say "gave away the house"!.

She now lives in Venice.  Just lost power.  I told her please stay in NJ - lol!!!!

Im glad you were OK but your surrounding area didn't fare as well. ☹️

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Poodlepet2

I'm 30 mi north of Tampa and only thing was lots of fallen trees, flooding etc. and no power on 1/2 of our community (I was not affected).

When Charlie came my cousin had just bought her home in PG and it was leveled.  She rebuilt but most of the neighborhood didn't but she finally sold or should I say "gave away the house"!.

She now lives in Venice.  Just lost power.  I told her please stay in NJ - lol!!!!

Im glad you were OK but your surrounding area didn't fare as well. ☹️

@homedecor1  My sister lived in Punta Gorta (Now in North Port) and my parents retired to Englewood. I have been to Venice when I visited them on vacas many times (they are now both deceased)...

Honored Contributor

Poor Virgin Islands.  I doubt there's anything left to blow away unless it hits St. Croix which escaped major damage with Irma. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@MaRina

Looks like the island of Dominica is going to be the next hurricane island casualty. According to Wiki & Google maps, there are abpout 75,000 that live on the island...not including tourists/visitors.

Maria will be going straight over that island and one of the latest comments is that Maria is expected to reach a Cat 5 status.

The end of the cone looks like it is going toward the Carolinas down the road...lets hope not.

@Susan Louise  We think of these islands as being tropical playgrounds for the rich and famous but once you get off the tourist track you find there is amazing poverty.  I've been to Dominica and that the way it was.  When we visit these islands we hire a taxi to show us the highs and lows rather than do expensive excursions.  We've seen some interesting things. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

I heard its curving after it hits all the islands and wont hit Florida but it could change they said so they will keep an eye on it. And I feel bad for those islands and I don't think they're getting "as much help" as the states, even though some of those are our territories. 

My best friend from school (who lives in CA. now), her parents retired to Puerto Rico. I tried to call her last week and couldn't get a hold of her (but they're always flying all over). I wonder how her parents are. I am going to try and call my friend again this week. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

BE SAFE! WHOEVER IS IN THE EYE OF THE STORM...Godspeed...

Esteemed Contributor

Just heard from news channel CNN... State of emergency for PR. Food rationing in effect. Baby formula has been mentioned so far.

Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@Zhills

Remember 2004! "We did it before, we'll do it again"-NOT! Nooo! Naaah!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Yes, we can but who wants to!

I don't understand why the hurricanes are so much stronger than before.  Every 10 years or so, we have a bad year.  Hope it's 10 before we have another one!

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom

I hope everyone on the east coast will be safe!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~