Honored Contributor

Re: Watch Out Florida! Maria is Coming!

@Kachina624 wrote:

I just heard on our local weather forecast where it's expected to hit Puerto Rico as a category 4 hurricane.  They didn't say what it would do after that. 

My daughter was supposed to go to Puerto Rico this Thursday but texted me earlier to say that her trip was cancelled. She and her friends have been planning this trip since the spring. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I just heard on our local weather forecast where it's expected to hit Puerto Rico as a category 4 hurricane.  They didn't say what it would do after that. 

My daughter was supposed to go to Puerto Rico this Thursday but texted me earlier to say that her trip was cancelled. She and her friends have been planning this trip since the spring. 

Good thing she cancelled.  Puerto Rico is in line for a direct hit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MaRina

Looks like the island of Dominica is going to be the next hurricane island casualty. According to Wiki & Google maps, there are abpout 75,000 that live on the island...not including tourists/visitors.

Maria will be going straight over that island and one of the latest comments is that Maria is expected to reach a Cat 5 status.

The end of the cone looks like it is going toward the Carolinas down the road...lets hope not.

Respected Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

The weather channel just now upgraded this from a tropical storm to a Hurricane.  Oh heaven help us, we don't need another one.

Hopefully, it will veer off and just stay away from USA

@shell garden Let's hope and pray that it does veer away! 

Esteemed Contributor

No automatic alt text available.

Getting out of Maria's way!

Esteemed Contributor

Boy...this is turning into one heck of a hurricane season...

Esteemed Contributor

Just heard on the local news (better than CNN or Weather Channel) that 8% of my area is still w/o power.  There are over 33,000 people still w/o power in Miami..... Incredible.  Our area got power back on Wed. night.  Phone service (landline) was out until last night.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

No automatic alt text available.

Getting out of Maria's way!

@Zhills  Hysterical! LOL

Honored Contributor

Maria just upgraded from a Cat1 to a Cat 5 in a 24 hr period. Winds are currently 160 mph....same as what Irma did.

Direct path in the short term...devastation for Dominica, the Virgin Islands again and Puerto Rico.

I can't imagine what folks on the Virgin Islands are going to do with so much that is already destroyed and flung to the ground. Nearly everything will be a projectile and less places to use as a shelter...whatever held up through Irma...which wasn't much.

Respected Contributor

@Zhills

Remember 2004! "We did it before, we'll do it again"-NOT! Nooo! Naaah!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2