Honored Contributor

Watch Out Florida! Maria is Coming!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Re: Watch Out Florida! Maria is Coming!

This is scary.  I hope she turns and goes towards open waters only.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The spaghetti models show the Carolinas are more at risk with this one.

spaghettisundaymaria.png

Respected Contributor

Say it ain't so......we haven't fully recovered from Irma yet.  

Esteemed Contributor

The weather channel just now upgraded this from a tropical storm to a Hurricane.  Oh heaven help us, we don't need another one.

Hopefully, it will veer off and just stay away from USA

Respected Contributor

It's too far out to say: there is a high pressure ridge dipping down on the continent and then another one out in the Atlantic....

Jose does not seem to be going anywhere soon either....one of the models has it possibly looping towards the south....crazy...the good news there is that colder water will sap some of its energy.

While we don't know about where Maria will go in terms of the continental US.....the islands are going to get another hit....it's heartbreaking.

They are trying so valiantly to recover too.....

I hope Sir Richard makes a large donation....I'm sure he will....

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

oh I hope not!  I returned to FL today (I had previous travel plans) and it was truly surreal to see store shelves still empty, no milk in case, etc.

I invited my neighbors over for a early dinner since they have been without power since last Monday.  I wish I was here earlier as I would have happily offered my home!  (Luckily our house only lost power for 2 days).

Hopefully, Maria is not coming towards us!  My prayers go out to those who are still trying to regain their lives after Irma.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1, are you in Collier? Charlotte County took a hit-small in comparison to other areas....there are people still without power here, but our stores and businesses are open: schools will reopen tomorrow...

We had to evacuate at the last minute for a storm surge that didn't hit us-no complaints!  We were all together and safe-that's all I cared about.

Our weekend getaway on Pine Island is a wreck, but we have insurance....we want to retire there, but you know what? Doing the "snowbird" thing sounds mighty attractive after Charley and Irma....Charley was so much worse because of the tornadoes.....but the mess that Irma left is just over the top....

Hugs,

Poodlepet2 Punta Gorda Florida

Honored Contributor

I just heard on our local weather forecast where it's expected to hit Puerto Rico as a category 4 hurricane.  They didn't say what it would do after that. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

GMA said this would hit the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico either tomorrow night or Wednesday morning.  Right now they said it's a Cat 4.

Who knows what will really happen.  It could take a turn.