Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

There is a viral video of a bot picking orders at a trade show. It crashed to the floor, overwhelmed by it's workload after 12 hrs of picking orders at this show. No one knew how to revive it. 😄

It seems bots and AI are stll reliant on human programming. Garbage in, garbage out. 

My closest Mickey D's has gone to kiosk ordering in the early am hours. You need a card or their app to pay. You are encouraged to order full meals, single items are a search and find. The drive thru is still attended and accepts cash.

Some toll road booths are now unattended. If your cash or cc is rejected for payment, you sit. No attendant to call. 

no ezpass? where you live.

Honored Contributor
  • Sell by dates are on the bar codes.  I don't care if a human or a bot does my shipping as long as I get the groceries I ordered.  And I don't care if the humans text while they work as long as I get my groceries.
Trusted Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@Still Raining   Your tollbooth idea may be coming. I read that the McDonald's app, in an effort to have online orders hot and crispy, now tracks a customer's location. The order is prepared when the customer is one minute away.  

Now that scares me in so many ways 😵‍💫

@Still Raining Target already has this technology and has for years. You opt in, so it's your choice to share your location or not. Not sure what's scary.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear  I think you made a great point. Using EZ Pass is a way around human toll booth attendants.

I usually travel Ohio Turnpike or Indiana Toll Road. Just never thought it worthwhile to get an EZ Pass. I did travel the NY Thruway into Mass. I used post pay billing. What a headache!

I do get around, don't I? Maybe time to get one!  🙄

Honored Contributor

Unless there is a customer backlash, I think more robots will be utilized in retail environments.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@jackthebear  I think you made a great point. Using EZ Pass is a way around human toll booth attendants.

I usually travel Ohio Turnpike or Indiana Toll Road. Just never thought it worthwhile to get an EZ Pass. I did travel the NY Thruway into Mass. I used post pay billing. What a headache!

I do get around, don't I? Maybe time to get one!  🙄

it's worth it in time saved waiting to pay,  most people here have one 

Esteemed Contributor

Before I started home delivery I used to sign into Walmart so they could track me and have my orders waiting for me.  Now with Walmart home delivery they message me when they are on the way with a way to track the driver.  You chose if you want to use these services or not.  

Respected Contributor

Send in the bots! Just picked up my Walmart curbside order and the Dave's Killer Bread is best by today and covered in mold.

Respected Contributor
When you click the “I’m on the way” button to pick up at Target. It’s not tracking you. It’s just alerting the drive up to stage out your order.
Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

Send in the bots! Just picked up my Walmart curbside order and the Dave's Killer Bread is best by today and covered in mold.

Why I'm glad I get off butt and fend for myself for as long as I'm able. These kids don't care and I'm not paying for black bananas, spoiled meat and sour milk.