Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@itiswhatitis  I agree. Many of us have not been thrilled w/ hosts or vendors and voiced that on forums. Elimating some hosts at least cuts Q's cost & some of the loud talking & irritating behavior.

@Shanus that makes sense, but you can't count this company's money.  Cutting their costs might not benefit you or the rest of their customers.  They might not share their savings with you.

Why do people count other folks' money?

*Call Tyrone*
Super Contributor
Instead of complaining about how things are run at QVC and suggesting that hosts should be let go, maybe it would be better if you just stop watchin if you're not happy with it.
Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue

"Look at an aggressive vendor, like Susan Graver"

LOL...I never thought of Susan like that until you described her mannerism.  Love her clothing line.  But yes, I guess she can be aggressive.  And without a host, she would be all over the place  Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

Re: WHY HAVE HOSTS AT ALL

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@makena. Most hosts, unless a variety type show, add to the confusion and overtaking. When it's a 1 vendor show like IT, SG or Josie, it's like an infomercial and I can't see hosts needed.

You keep comparing the Q to infomercials.

Infomercials aren't hosted solely by the vendor.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I'm sure all the vendors/presenters are well versed and know the ins and outs of their products. They're paid to describe what they're selling and answer questions. 

Next time you watch a show, notice if a host is adding anything that the vendor couldn't do himself/herself. 

There are many threads about hosts that are the reason we're changing the channel or haven't watched at all. 

If there were no hosts, problem solved. 

I think hosts are necessary to be the liaison between the vendor and the producer.  It may look easy, but I think it would be hard to have someone, (the producer), giving you updates through your earpiece, and still be expected to present the item(s) without a lot of dead airtime.  

Valued Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@Candyapple wrote:
I think it's a bad suggestion. Picky too. I think QVC would be lost without their hosts. Most of the hosts make the presentations interesting, more informative a job then the vendors can do alone, and more entertaining. If they ever got rid of the hosts, I think QVC would be extremely boring and most likely I wouldn't bother watching.

Yeah, plus then who would posters like this have to complain about? 

They pick apart everything about them like it's a sport. It's pathetic.

Here's a suggestion....Shop online. You can read can't you?

ITA!

No matter what the Q does the OP and other perpetually picky chronic complainers would find fault lol.  Seems to be a hobby for some.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I think it is a brilliant idea.The vendors are product experts so they should be the best salesperson for their item.

Honored Contributor

@dex  That's what I thought. Some replies implicate that I'm the only one finding fault w/ hosts or vendors. A quick check through threads will prove that's not true. It's become a common complaint along w/ sizing, programming, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus Some people just take the opposite view for sport.They give opportunity to see all sides so I am happy to hear what they say.If I had a business I would want to pay close attention to all feedback.

Valued Contributor

Re: WHY HAVE HOSTS AT ALL

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@dex  That's what I thought. Some replies implicate that I'm the only one finding fault w/ hosts or vendors. A quick check through threads will prove that's not true. It's become a common complaint along w/ sizing, programming, etc.

A quick check of this thread proves to show people have noticed many posters..... you and others........chronically complain and nothing the Q does ever changes that.

Nitpickers always find nits. It's what they do lol.