Valued Contributor

Remember the TV series Jack Webb? Dragnet. They did not deal with a lot of fluff. Facts just the facts, I don't need or care to know how many you have at home. Here's a idea from the past.  All Items is shown 360 degrees. Models of all sizes when present clothing. Material types. On sale items good and bad customer  reviews. After the said presentation the vendor gives a 3 minutes wrap up.Hosts if incline can also give a briefing, and that does not include" you better buy it now it's going fast" While getting ready for work at  3:00 am in the morning or if nothing else on  tv that sparks my interest, etc, Is when I will watch any shopping channel. I rather shop B/M or online. Exception is jewelry shows, not buying, but love to look. At the same time I would never be a host or a vendor.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Bri36  ITA. Most of the time, the hosts are trying too hard to entertain and add nothing to the presentation.

So here's my question ... why watch QVC at all if it displeases you? 

Regular Contributor

When two people (host/vendor) talk at the same time--it is a waste of air time.  Shanus is saying vendors who are 'old hats' and know the product and the QVC protocol inside and out, why have a host.

Truly, Josie can oil herself up the entire hour without Jane or any host, describing the affects of body butter.  Come on.

Respected Contributor

@spindlegirl LOL ... always find "nits."  So true.  It's their main motivation for being here.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind

Honored Contributor

Re: WHY HAVE HOSTS AT ALL

[ Edited ]

Given the bulk of the current hosts and certainly the ones seeing all the air time, that's probably a reasonable question. Conversely, I've often questioned why they have so many of the vendors, who are not well versed in TV and who add nothing to the proceedings. Someone like the late, great Joan Rivers was an exception, and there are a few current vendors who are worth seeing, but most of them are almost completely pointless. At the end of the day, it matters not much to me. In answer to a question posed above, I essentially don't watch QVC anymore, for a whole variety of reasons.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@makena wrote:

@spindlegirl LOL ... always find "nits."  So true.  It's their main motivation for being here.

Yep, it is.

Perhaps it's better served doing something in the community like tell a soup kitchen how they are doing it all wrong or telling wayward teens to just snap out of it. Bossy here bossy everywhere *eyeroll*

I see a couple of newer posters who seem bent on making this place go down. Pathetic... yet again.

Honored Contributor

Maybe you should apply for the job if you think you can do it better

-----------

@Shanus wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  I really feel the hosts are falling short in many of those departments. The ear piece confuses them & many times they stop talking to ask the produces to tell them the numbers again. Do we care how many have been sold? Influence our decision to purchase? 

As as far as reeling in vendors from going off on tangents? The hosts are more quilty of that than vendors. 

Attending sales meetings and discussing goals? How's that working positively for Q? Hosts do not make those decisions, management does. 

Easy pay options and other buyer's info can scroll across the bottom, but it's always shown w/ the item number and price.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@spindlegirl wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@makena. Most hosts, unless a variety type show, add to the confusion and overtaking. When it's a 1 vendor show like IT, SG or Josie, it's like an infomercial and I can't see hosts needed.

You keep comparing the Q to infomercials.

Infomercials aren't hosted solely by the vendor.

Wow, no. Most are hosted by people who get paid a lot of money.

Honored Contributor

I am absolutely positive that if QVC became vendor only hours, a lot of people would complain about that.

Not all vendors are skilled in public speaking or could carry an hour show, nor would they want to.

Vendor-host combination allows for chatting about the product instead of an awkward display of repeating one's self.