Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT WAS THE WEIRDEST QUESTION YOU WERE ASKED?

I called my insurance company to file a claim that someone had stolen all four of my tires and rims....she asked me if I would mind driving it in for and adjuster to look at.

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

I have rosacea.  I was out shopping, and it was flaring so my face was red. One of the salesclerks asked me, “What’s wrong with your face?”

@cotton4me  Unbelievable! so ignorant🙁. So Sorry you have to deal with that,

Trusted Contributor

Was meeting a friend to get introduced to his new fiancee. She looked at me and asked, "Is that your real hair color?"

Was on a job interview and asked, "If you were a car, what kind of car would you be?"

Was in a shopping mall and a woman rushed up to me and said,  "When is your baby due?" I informed her I wasn't pregnant and she said, "Oh you have such a cute pregnant woman waddle."

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT WAS THE WEIRDEST QUESTION YOU WERE ASKED?ww

@Carmie wrote:

This is a weird question that was asked of my mother a lot.  I remember  laughing about it as a child.

Often people would ask my mother if she knew she had two different colored eyes.  One eye was very blue and the other one was hazel.

One time my brother answered the question and said something like "OMG, we had no idea, Mom, did you know?"  We burst out laughing.

My mother told us to not be so rude to people, but we still couldn't help but to laugh at the stupidity of it.

@Carmie  When I was about 12 I attended a slumber party and met a girl with 2 different colored eyes. Everyone there loved it and was fascinated.

Respected Contributor

My last job was a 2 day a week admin. position at a school.  Believe it or not, I had to interview first with the woman who was to be my boss, then with the school director and then with the CEO of the school.

I was warned that he would ask some crazy question and he did.   I was 62 at the time and he said "so, how old are you?".    I said something about approaching that age where I'd be getting my health insurance from the federal government and said "I guess you're asking because you appreciate the experience and dependability of my age group" or something like that.   He laughed and said "NO, I just like old people."   I got the job and stayed there 7 years until I retired.   

Honored Contributor

When my family and I moved to Colorado, a few relatives back east in Conn. asked us if we rode horses to get to work here? Smiley Indifferent

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Back in the seventies while living in the San Fernando Valley, CA I was employed as the secretary to a Vice President with  the American Heart Association at one of their satellite locations.

The phones never stopped ringing.   We did have volunteers to help, however, they didn't always have the answer to a question and in those cases I would step in to take a call.  Little did I know the following was going to take me not only completely by surprise, but flabbergasted as well.

I introduced myself to a lady on the other end of the phone and asked how I could help her.  She in turn asked me the following question:

"My husband recently had a heart attack and can you tell me how long we have to wait, or when can we have sex?"

And your answer was...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

@croemer wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Back in the seventies while living in the San Fernando Valley, CA I was employed as the secretary to a Vice President with  the American Heart Association at one of their satellite locations.

The phones never stopped ringing.   We did have volunteers to help, however, they didn't always have the answer to a question and in those cases I would step in to take a call.  Little did I know the following was going to take me not only completely by surprise, but flabbergasted as well.

I introduced myself to a lady on the other end of the phone and asked how I could help her.  She in turn asked me the following question:

"My husband recently had a heart attack and can you tell me how long we have to wait, or when can we have sex?"

And your answer was...?

@croemer ... 1. We are not qualified to answer medical questions.  2. We are not licensed to answer medical questions.  And then I suggested she call her husband's doctor. Smiley Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

Oh my gosh, I laughed from beginning to end.   One was funnier than the other, what a joy it was to read all the weird answers to the weird questions.   Thanks to all of you, this was a lot of fun. Woman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I just spent 2 hours and 37 minutes on the phone with Verizon.

Why mention them?  Well because in order to even talk to a live person you just about have to give your blood type and cough up a lung.  (Seriously, I had to say a phrase 3 times (like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz) for voice recognition...THEN I had to check my cell phone for yet another verified word...then I had to pick another 4 number word that will be my secret number.

This isn't the place to go on, but I'd say that was rather dumb to have to do all of that, so I don't know if it qualifies but that's my story.

Oh!  And after all of that I was told I'd been switched over to cell phone and I need to go wait again for home land line...(all over again), more dumb questions.

I think they owe you a vacation in the area of your choice.  Had a great laugh though, when you said, you might have to cough up a lung!! Holy smokes.