Honored Contributor

šŸ„›Are ā€˜Forever Chemicalsā€™ In Our Milk? šŸ¼

...Nobody has really been checking... This article from the Huffington Post is a real eye-opener. Hereā€™s the link:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dairy-industry-milk-pfas-forever-chemicals_n_5deebaace4b07f6835b7b88f

If you donā€™t like to open links, just google the thread title, followed by ā€œhuffpostā€. The article is kind of long, but worth reading.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: šŸ„›Are ā€˜Forever Chemicalsā€™ In Our Milk? šŸ¼

@handygal2 

Thank you so much for this article!

We just saw the movie "Dark Waters" which is about the use of this forever chemical, PFAS.

In the movie the use of this is haunting as it never goes away.

They stated that the chemical is everywhere  everywhere

all over the world.

Every human being has this chemical in their body.

I am now trying to research online to see if my autoimmune condition is related to the chemical.

I feel so sorry for that dairy farmer. His business is probably gone forever too.

Don't like to feel like I'm an alarmist.

However, how are we humans going to correct stuff if we don't know?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the article.  Information that we need to be aware of....definitely for consumers and devastating for the dairy industry.   I wonder what happened to this farmers four thousand cows Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many would say the product (dairy) is far much 'healthier harming'

than the actual chemical.  

But if this alarmist approach is what it takes for people to

stop consuming dairy, then more power to stop producing dairy.

Honored Contributor

I'm unlikely to stop consuming dairy, but, yes, I understand there are risks in it.  However, there seem to be risks in practically everything we eat or even touch and I'm not yet convinced we're necessarily better off with no chemicals, no meds, etc. because just in the years I've already lived during which most of these changes have taken place, people are living longer and people who live taking even moderate cognizance of the risks are also living those extra years in better health.

Esteemed Contributor

Every paragraph in the linked article kept sending my brain back to the Camp Lejeune, NC water contamination debacle.  I'm sure there will be delays, lies, cover ups and withholding of data in the NM case just as there was in the NC cases. 

It seems every year there are more discoveries of water contamination in areas surrounding military bases not only in NC but other sites across the country.

The routine defense is there is no causal proof that the contamination caused the diseases.

I have felt for many, many years that the biggest downfall in assessing the potential dangers of a chemical is that for the most part they are tested as an individual item when in real life each chemical is accompanied by countless numbers of others which in combination could be considerably more dangerous than any one alone.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

We are all chemical cocktails, now, unlike decades previously.  Seniors typically have two, to three significant health issues they're dealing with by 65, unlike many of my mom's generation of the 20's.  She grew up one of 10 children in the hills of KY.  They farmed everything they consumed.  

Medical care was a visiting nurse -- by donkey.  Otherwise, they used natural treatments and home remedies. They were strong, with good immune systems. If they managed to avoid serious injury, or something like a ruptured appendix, they were destined for a long life.  

When mom died, at 97, she had every tooth, including wisdom teeth, with only 3 fillings in her lifetime.  Her dentist told me that her teeth were so hard, that smoke would come out of her mouth when drilling.   I mentioned this to my dentist and she said this was something she saw frequently with those of my mom's background, also the lack of complicated longevity.  

And, my mom wasn't the only one from the hills living late into their 90's. Back then, it wasn't about, is meat healthy, should I be plant based  (they even smoked their own ham), it was about maintaining the purity of their food sources and environment. Plain and simple, AND, definitely what we're NOT doing now.   

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@sidsmom  Our vegan friends wonā€™t be getting off without an unhealthy dose of PFAS too. This chemical gets into all our food and our environment. Itā€™s awful for all of us. Plants take the chemical in through their root systems, 

ā€œMain sources of PFASs for plants are polluted water and biosolids. Content and type of soil organic matter affect plant uptake of PFASs. Extent of PFAS accumulation depends on their chain length and functional groups. ... Leaf of cereals and vegetables can accumulate high levels of short-chain PFASs.ā€

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@sidsmom  Our vegan friends wonā€™t be getting off without an unhealthy dose of PFAS too. This chemical gets into all our food and our environment. Itā€™s awful for all of us. Plants take the chemical in through their root systems, 

ā€œMain sources of PFASs for plants are polluted water and biosolids. Content and type of soil organic matter affect plant uptake of PFASs. Extent of PFAS accumulation depends on their chain length and functional groups. ... Leaf of cereals and vegetables can accumulate high levels of short-chain PFASs.ā€

If there's a PFAS Zombie Apocalypse, the 'vegans' will be

the last to succumb to the evil...šŸ˜†.  

Even if the dairy had the purest of purely-pure water,

they would STILL be producing a harmful product. 

Naw, not too worried. 
A2E52B37-FCE8-47FA-84D8-851BB854B821.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Just about everything we see and touch now-a-days is made of or contain chemicals.

I'm still wondering if anyone has related strong dryer sheet odors with diminishing/breaking apart the O Zone.

If one thinks about it, those dryer sheets seriously 'soften' (break up) fibers to make them 'soft', so why not the same re: our air/oxygen/O Zone layer?

It would be interesting research.

Well, maybe in my next life.............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).