Esteemed Contributor

WHAT WAS THE WEIRDEST QUESTION YOU WERE ASKED?

[ Edited ]

Back in the seventies while living in the San Fernando Valley, CA I was employed as the secretary to a Vice President with  the American Heart Association at one of their satellite locations.

The phones never stopped ringing.   We did have volunteers to help, however, they didn't always have the answer to a question and in those cases I would step in to take a call.  Little did I know the following was going to take me not only completely by surprise, but flabbergasted as well.

I introduced myself to a lady on the other end of the phone and asked how I could help her.  She in turn asked me the following question:

"My husband recently had a heart attack and can you tell me how long we have to wait, or when can we have sex?"

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT WAS THE WEIRDEST QUESTION YOU WERE ASKED?

Actually, it's a common question cardiac patients ask their doctors.  Maybe, this lady was embarrassed to ask the doctor.  She could have been asking for her husband who also was embarrassed.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Actually, it's a common question cardiac patients ask their doctors.  Maybe, this lady was embarrassed to ask the doctor.  She could have been asking for her husband who also was embarrassed.  

@Foxxee  I suggested she speak with her husband's doctor, that would be the logical person to ask simply because 1. We are not qualified to answer medical questions, 2.  We are not licensed to answer medical questions.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee  I suggested she speak with her husband's doctor, that would be the logical person to ask simply because 1. We are not qualified to answer medical questions, 2.  We are not licensed to answer medical questions.

@Lindsays Grandma 

Wise advice.  

Honored Contributor

When my first born was around a year old, I stopped in a grocery store on the way home from a party.  We were both dressed up.  She was wearing a pink frilly dress and a white bonnnet with pink ribbon and small pink roses on the trim, white lacy socks and white Mary Jane shoes.

I struck up a quick conversation with a lady in her late 40's in the check out line.  I remember that she commented that my baby was beautiful.  I thanked her and then she asked if the child was a boy or girl.

I didn't know if she was serious or just kidding...and was quiet for a few seconds.  So, she asked again.  Finally, I asked if she would dress up a boy in a pink dress and frilly bonnet and she said of course not..so I said, neither would I.

Then she asked the baby's name.  When I told her, she said, "So, your baby is a girl?"

I answered " No, he is a boy."  She said she was confused.  I paid for my things and left. I still don't know if she was serious or not, but her questions were weird.

Honored Contributor

A co-worker asked me, "Why are you so short?"    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

How'd she answer that one?

Honored Contributor

I have to say that these are the type of questions that makes you do a double take.  It's an I.Q. test no doubt, or you're on Candid Camera.  I think the "pink" one was so funny. Those two posts just cracked me up.  It's like, "why is there air?"

Trusted Contributor

Back in the eighties, when I was bar hopping with friends, a guy came up to me and ask, "Is that REALLY your hair?" Granted, I have very thick hair and back then, I moussed it up and used a lot of Aqua Net hairspray. But still, a weird pick up line.

Honored Contributor

I work parttime in customer service in a small suburb.  This suburb is not well liked because they have ridiculously low speed zones along with speed cameras and speed traps.  I answered the phone and a woman was mad because she got a ticket and angrily asked us to pay for it since she had been shopping at our store.