Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT IS GOING ON QVC????

I will agree that once an item ships it takes forever to receive.  Sometimes I forget I ordered something.  That is really sad.  QVC needs to improve in that area.  I order from Nordstrom and do not pay shipping and receive in a matter of 2 or 3 days.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I went for months not seeing anything I was interested in ordering.  Then, a pair of shoes caught my attention.  After taking awhile to get them, they clearly were not sized properly.  Nothing in the description said anything about ordering up a size.  I immediately returned them, which again took awhile to be processed.  I paid around $13 for shipping just to open the box and close it again.  I had already sworn off shoes and clothing on QVC due to overpricing.  Now, I mean it.  Ugh.  I haven't actually watched a shopping channel on tv in years, but occasionally check online.  May have to finally drop the Q.  No excuse for the poor processing results.  Everywhere else I order from is good.

Valued Contributor

I've ordered from HSN, SHOP HQ, Various other companies, and only Amazon was VERY slow, surprising since they're uaully quite fast. I think since my oder was a book, they were prioritizing food and sani products first. My book took so long past they promised arrival date, I had proclaimed it lost, then it came a week and a half later. I was using a Xmas Gift Card I had gotten so will wait to use the rest when things have improved, IF they do. I ordered some clearance storage boxes from QVC, and they were on time so maybe its what you order?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  On the whole, I am not at all impressed and, in fact, am downright concerned, with how corporate America has managed and continues to manage, (or mismanage, as it were), this crisis. It clearly doesn't inspire any kind of confidence in their ability to serve the public through any kind of serious or sustained situation. They've been so single-mindedly profit drive for so long and leadership has deteriorated so significantly that there is now a glaring competence gap regarding the supply chain, customer service and product fulfillment. Nowhere, apparently, is that more glaring than right here and the incredible disparity with which various orders are processed, fulfilled and shipped... But in fairness, QVC is far from alone in displaying a less than stellar track record... Now, on top of all else, leadership of the various retail entities, (among others), are busy sending out verbiage about all they intend to do to right societal wrongs and all the millions they intend to throw at the 'problem'... What they really ought to be concerned with doing, among other things, is finding creative ways to ensure employees are safe, give them a phone and pay them a decent wage to answer it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt  On the whole, I am not at all impressed and, in fact, am downright concerned, with how corporate America has managed and continues to manage, (or mismanage, as it were), this crisis. It clearly doesn't inspire any kind of confidence in their ability to serve the public through any kind of serious or sustained situation. They've been so single-mindedly profit drive for so long and leadership has deteriorated so significantly that there is now a glaring competence gap regarding the supply chain, customers service and product fulfillment. Nowhere, apparently, is that more glaring than right here and the incredibly disparity with which various orders are processed, fulfilled and shipped... But in fairness, QVC is far from alone in displaying a less than stellar track record... Now, on top of all else, leadership of the various retail entities, (among others), are busy sending out verbiage about all they intend to do to right societal wrongs and all the millions they intend to throw at the 'problem'... What they really ought to be concerned with doing, among other things, is finding creative ways to ensure employees are safe, give them a phone and pay them a decent wage to answer it...

@stevieb 

Your so right, incompetence just abides on so many levels, and corporate heads saying if I just throw some money somewhere Ive done my part.......It reminds me of wayward teenagers and parents that just throw money at them to "keep them happy" but the teen's behavior doesnt improve in fact things get worse because there is no real solution to find the source of the problem and no solutions to fix it, they dont really wanna deal with it.......Its a tad amusing that these Executives are trying to fix society when they cant even fix their own corporation's problems......

Whats needed is a master plan, give people a skill, give them a job with a specific assignment and goal, give them a decent wage and hope for advancement, protect them and treat them fairly.  Stop these hidden agendas and CEOs see that your company makes a reasonable profit but dont get greedy..... 

Here's an example, we had a CEO that was a real jerk, not a people person at all...but he had a brilliant mind and lots of common sense.....  He wanted to make some changes but it seemed that a great amount of time and  manpower was being spent on this one big project and final report so no one could be spared to work on his idea.....He asked why they did the report (the answer---because we've always done it), and where does this go when it's completed, is it a government requirement? (the answer---no one actually knew, but it was placed in a drawer in case someone needed the information)....ROFL!!!!  These are Execs running a Fortune 500 Company acting like the 3 Stooges....This was told to us at a Corporate Meeting and there was no further discussion on what finally resulted on that WORTHLESS report....But thats how American business operates these days...The CEO left the company, at least his replacement was more of a people person....I dont know how our company survives.....and from what Ive seen the young wanna be executives only care about doing as little work possible but getting max pay for it.... Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Delays everywhere and in my case plenty of misdeliveries.  Packages not making it to me or showing up weeks late and this includes other online retailers.  I guess you have to carefully track everything and hope it makes it sometime this year. LOL

Trusted Contributor

I have found a solution to the problem. I DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM QVC ANYMORE.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Vote with your dollar.  

I've said this before, but qvc should get people back to work in customer service.  Either figure out how to staff in house or have them work remotely.  Maybe they are trying to cut their costs and figure they can have horrible customer service and still be a viable business.  Customer service supervisors have disappeared.

Customer service used to be quite good here but not anymore.