Valued Contributor

Re: WHAT IS GOING ON QVC????

[ Edited ]

Showing items with the clear implication that it is available and for sale but is not, is called fraud.  In the past you wouldn't get billed until an item shipped, now we are and while the shipping information states that the item shipped clearly it hasn't because in 3 weeks there is no movement of product or change in tracking. Like I said, fraud.  

Trusted Contributor

Right now and for the last three months QVC customer service has been non- existent. You can't call anyone without hours of wait, Chat is the same way. I can see why Customers are so upset. A lot of us have just stopped ordering it's not worth the hassle.

Occasional Contributor

I'm sick and tired of everyone taking up for this company. NO one is having shipping problems. Amazon, Kohl's, Wayfair; etc. All ship immediately. I am still waiting on the top I ordered in May, its almost July. I can't get anyone on the phone, chat, fb, email. If your a "mail order" company you're shipping should be a top priority. I believe that "mail innovations" is the problem. I wish they would go back to UPS. If you can't get the "goods" to the customers then you should close your doors. What really galls me is you can't talk to anyone, you can't cancel anything either. I would be willing to bet they are losing a lot of customers....I know I'm fed up with it. 

Honored Contributor

@Tikko2021 

At first I had "sympathy" as a long time customer for QVC BUT since 6 months ago and all the "pandemic" excuses now & realizing I ordered something and completely FORGOT about it when it came the other day...I'm not sympathetic anymore!

In fact, on Thursday I ordered some new bathroom items from Bed Bath and Beyond == figured it would take some time to get here.

Spouse locking up house on Friday night said 
"hey theres a package at the door" -- holy crow it was from BB&B delivered Federal Express and the next day!  Now, only received 6 of 8 things but that is exceptional delivery!

QVC's biggest problem I've now realized is NOT only the "delivery" company they choose BUT the VENDORS who they deal with.  QVC is the intermediate who accepts the orders on the vendors behalf and then the vendors HOLD OUR $ AND ORDERS hostage until they want to ship.

Years ago things used to be shipped directly from a QVC warehouse.  Now, I think 99% is direct ship and that is a problem.

Ordered SG TSV and its still in process 10 days later ... yup, can't cancel.  Other things have been sitting there too and NOPE can't cancel.

One thing I do know - if I go to B&M traditional store looking for a specific item and they are out of stock - I leave and check back another time.  No stress waiting, no complaining "it is what it is" better luck next time!

Honored Contributor

@Silkeej wrote:

I don't think it is poor management, I think QVC furloughed a lot of people and the ones they have can't handle the daily load. They are on 24/7 people are home bored and they order not realizing they will have a long wait. Customer Service is non existent if you need to contact them be prepared for days of trying to get through and Chat has the same problem. We are looking at three months now of excuses I think it is time for QVC to get back to the real world and stop using the virus as an excuse to have poor Customer Service and lack luster shipping. 

Seems  to me they should have hired more help, not fuloughed out some they have. I don't get them at all. People need work. They need help. Voila!

Esteemed Contributor

Q has had shipping problems long before the pandemic. First they blamed a warehouse, then a new program weather issues.

This sorry for delays banner has been up for more than a year.

Target, Amazon huge corporation's, Lisa Robertson a really small company runs circles around Q shipping .  They are charging major shipping fees , more than anyone else.  They are trying to make up money through their firing of employees and over charging their customers so their financial reports look better..

Defending these practices is shameful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

There is a major difference between QVC and HSN. Florida has opened up just about everything but the area of Pennsylvania where QVC is has not opened up much. Would you prefer QVC violate the restrictions set forth by their governor and risk their employees health?

I'm not sure it much matters where the corporate offices are, other, possibly, than for what we're hearing is abysmal call-based customer service. Even then, I'm not sure their call centers are in West Chester... Otherwise, I don't believe most items are warehoused in West Chester, so assuming competent automation, (which granted is assuming a lot if this website is any indication...), the PA shut-down really shouldn't be impacting order fulfillment as significantly as it seems to be... I have not ordered much from QVC during this crisis because I keep reading about problems. The few things I have ordered and the one item I returned were handled reasonably timely and without apparent problem. I will say, though, that I ordered an item from HSN and it was here within just a few days...

@stevieb 

Ive actually ordered a few things from QVC and the results were mixed ---some delivery times have been good (within a week-- a kitchen gadget, and a plow & hearth garden item), I ordered a couple of tops---one came fairly quickly and the second one in a different color took several weeks).....

Ive ordered online from JCP, E-Bay, Macys---within a couple of days I had my merchandise!!! 

I even checked "Careers" on QVC's website and there are quite a few postings for jobs in the Customer Fulfillment Center in Bethlehem, PA, Ontario, CA, and NC.. $15 an hour plus incentives......

And 35 openings for full and part time work at home Customer Service jobs all over the country---tons in Texas, all over Virginia, Ohio, Idaho.....

Perhaps the problem is that people can make more on unemployment than actually working .....OR people dont realize these jobs are available.......That goes back to poor Management--getting the word out.... Our local news websites even have a section for available jobs...QVC isnt even listed even though theres quite a few jobs in our city and the surrounding towns too....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@barrel racer wrote:

An order for a chair was held by UPS from May 23- June 22 in Goodyear, AZ.  I refused delivery.  QVC does not answer the phone so I emailed them.  I got a routine email back that they are not taking calls or emails.  They sure take your money though.

That is so-so-so-so not acceptable. In fairness to QVC, I had a similar response from Macy's... Not answering the phone, no capacity to leave a message and not responding to emails, neither at the CS nor the corporate level... I think we all realize times have been hard and have been willing to cut some slack, but complete abandonment of customer service, while at the same time telling us 'how hard they're working', is a not particularly funny joke... Major corporations need to find work arounds and to employ management bright enough to be able to do so...

@stevieb 

It is a tad curious how some are able to meet expectations and some aren't.....I think some of it has to do with Corporations not wanting to pay the extra personnel required to meet the increase in  online orders since a lot of locations are shut down for in person shopping.....

I'm not a fan of our monopolistic grocery store chain, HEB, which drove the national competition out of town by undercutting prices for a couple years, then once the other stores left, it put them in the catbird seat on what price they charge for groceries.(only a few independent options are now left--small stores-Trader Joes, Natural Grocers, and Walmart/Tartet but even they cant compete, their biggest competition is Costco, but not everyone wants to pay membership fees)..But even HEB realized what their employees did was needed for them to succeed in this crisis and they came out with a statement that they were keeping the increase in salaries in place as a standard benefit for workers...GOOD FOR THEM!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@homedecor 1. I think the 99% you gave your opinion about is way off the mark exaggerated. Definitely your opinion rather than fact.
Occasional Contributor

Q shipping has been a problem long before current crises but intolerable last few months since they think they have new excuse.  Currently I'm waiting for 4 clothing items that show as waiting for pickup or transferred, my credit card has been charged but all are now up to 20 plus days from order date & NO progress, one item has been stalled in NJ for 4 days now. The shoe TSV is still "in progress" 5 days later!  All items originated from other areas so no excuses.  
I finally got through to CS last week to complain about a food product that arrived late & try to check on a blouse 24 days in limbo, can't get cancelled or credit card  credited.  Yes, boarders on a scam to build financials but most likely very poor management with shipping contracts.   I order prolifically from variety of other businesses, longest wait was 6 days to doorstep, NONE charged shipping & handling & most free returns.   
solution? Don't do business with bad management that will not listen to customers.