Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT GIFTS WOULD YOU BE OFFENDED TO RECEIVE?

@Kachina624 wrote:

Poo-Pourri. 

That's the first thing I thought of!  It may be a very fine product, but I think it's something a person should buy for him or herself, or for their own household.  Definitely not something that should be given as a gift.

Respected Contributor

Guess I'll have to find another gift for my brother.  LOL!!!

Regular Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@matty liz wrote:

It is in the stores and if people choose to buy fine but how QVC can present and even put in Christmas cards is more than I can respect

This post is completely unintelligible to me.

@Moonchilde....I had to LOL when i read your post...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I once gave a couple a gift monogrammed with their last name not knowing they had filed for divorce months earlier and were living separate lives under the same roof, I'm sure they were stunned when they opened it but I guess that's life since they never mentioned it to us.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Items that have already been used.

I have a SIL who does this and she offends people by doing so.  However, she wants the most pricey and new items anyone can afford as well as money.  We don't exchange anything with her at all.  She ever resends christmas cards - ahe uses white out or pastes a piece of paper over the senders signature. 

Seriously? This one wins the

mirror ball trophy, IMO.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@fortune wrote:

H209344

@fortune back in the day I used to order several group gifts from QVC for my work friends (they used to have nice cards with Christmas CD's which everyone always loved).  As I am starting a new job on Monday I think I willl have to take a pass on this "gift" . . . oh goodness . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe

Good luck in your new job!!!

Trusted Contributor

@maestra your story made me cry.
Honored Contributor

An ugly ornament or costume jewelry.  I have a friend that keeps giving me costume jewelry. She loves jewelry and wears a lot of it.   I wear jewelry but not that much and not all the time.  Every year now for at least 5 years it has been jewelry.  Plus, everyone has different taste in jewelry and I am running of space for this jewelry.  Most of it has never been worn (that's how much I have).  I finally had to say something to her delicately without offending her.  :catvery-happy:

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@BohemianGal wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@matty liz wrote:

It is in the stores and if people choose to buy fine but how QVC can present and even put in Christmas cards is more than I can respect

This post is completely unintelligible to me.

@Moonchilde....I had to LOL when i read your post...

I think this post was referring to the Christmas cards with Pou-pourri attached to them. What a concept!  Woman LOL

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~