Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY????

@monicakm wrote:

Sitting in my hospital room in the recliner having just had my chest tubes pulled out.  It didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would but it was. uncomfortable.l

@monicakm , glad to hear you are up and have the chest tube removal behind you now.  Praying for a quick, easy recovery for you!

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm So glad to read your post and that your surgery went well. Hopefully, you will have a short recovery and not have to worry about all of that because it’s not something you need in your life with your MS. Plus, you’ll be back on the beauty boards giving us daily updates and tips!
Immediately thought of you as I was looking at Ulta website for lipstick and saw the most beautiful packaging from Pat McGrath. What brand are you most fond of for gloss/ lipstick/ ?
Thinking of you and your health. Please good care and I’m sure you look absolutely beautiful even after surgery.
Super Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Sitting in my hospital room in the recliner having just had my chest tubes pulled out.  It didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would but it was. uncomfortable.l

@monicakm It is wonderful to see your post! You are now on the other side of this operation! Also.... it's SO GREAT to hear one of the things you feared most after watching your DH struggle with that task turned out to be better than you thought. We wonder if they use more slippery material to make those tubes than they did years ago. Tonight after dinner my DH asked if you had your operation yet and how it went. I told him I didn't know but saw this post just now! He will also be so happy the tubes weren't as bad as you thought! I mentioned before.... that means you are another step in your healing process and closer to going home!Heart Everyone will be so happy to hear how you're doing when you are up to it. Until then... more prayers for quick healing.  I  will tell my DH you had your operation and got through that task with flying colors. Now it's time to continue healing with that new, fabulous Heart The magic is done!Heart

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

@cowboy sam  You are a very good sister.Every one needs some "me" time. Please take care. It is so good to hear from you.

The weather was so nice DH and I went for a motorcycle ride. The cedar and pine trees smell so good. That was my first ride this year. 

@hellie jo, I love walking in the park just to smell the pine trees! It is my favorite scent, brings back happy memories. So glad to hear that you and DH got that motorcycle ride because I know how much pleasure it brings you.

Wishing all who post a beautiful day. It is very windy here.

Since it is a good day for comfort food, I am making a tater tot casserole. 

Be well and stay safe everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@monicakm 

Good to hear that you were able to have this procedure and that it was not as bad as you thought that it would be.

Good thoughts for your  continual healing. 

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@monicakm  I'm so glad that you had a successful heart surgery and that you made it through the chest tubes being pulled out.  You are so strong, Monicakm!! Rest up and take it easy! We're all rooting for you and I'm looking forward to your beauty posts for the Spring! Smiley HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

hey all

very overcast cloudy

and very cold today.gusty wind off the ocean

did get morn walk in

not much else.later guys

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm WELCOME BACK!!🥰 It is SO nice to read that you are up and about, and that your chest tube is now undoubtedly a welcome memory! One less thing to worry about!👍 Your journey to healing has  begun, and the finish line is within reach!!❤❤  Now is the time to let EVERYONE pamper you until you are STRONGER, which hopefully will be real soon!🤞🤞 You are such a go-getter but, plan for frequent rest periods! You can do backflips later!😁 Your magnanimous spirit HAS been missed by so many, and I am SO happy to see you are BACK!💝 I am sending continued heartfelt prayers for HEALING, COMFORT and for a glowing first follow-up appt.! God was with you in the O.R., and will continue to see you through!🙏🙏

Have a blessed day!❤❤ 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another day started with a trip into town, in the pouring rain, and I do mean pouring rain.  Finally made the stop at CVS to knock out the list I'd been carrying in my bag for a month.  I don't know why I drag my feet so about going in that store!  

Now I'm doing trucker daughters laundry, cooking a pot of beans, chopping veggies for macaroni salad and watching Daniel Boone.  

Both girls are home this weekend and we will enjoy a delayed birthday celebration tomorrow.  

All this rain has cooled us down to 60 and under for the next few days, so I've turned the heat back on to keep out the dampness.  Going to have night temperatures below 40. 

Frequent Contributor

So glad to hear that everything went well and the surgery is done. I've been keeping you in my prayers and hope to hear more good news!